Alpha 100 W/TT15mini

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

wcbeagle

Alpha 100 W/TT15mini

Post by wcbeagle »

I am considering getting a Garmin Alpha 100 with the mini TT/15 collars. Looking at a 5 dog system. I would like to know if people are still having problems with the Alpha locking up or dropping the dogs. Also what the battery life is per charge, hand held and collar. Also the distance you can track or train in normal rabbit hunting cover. I am located in Central Va.. Any info is greatly appreciated.

steve w

Re: Alpha 100 W/TT15mini

Post by steve w »

No problems here,I run a 5 dog Alpha with mini's and usually get out twice before I charge them up again. As far as distance I've lost signal at 500 yards and had em out 1500 with out problems, just depends on terrain and foliage. Spend the money, you'll be glad you did.

Mhouse

Post by Mhouse »

No problems here. I run a six dog system. 4 minis and 2 regular 15's. Have only dropped signal momentarily a couple times in three years and I run where there are hills. Give Chuck a call at Plum Creek Kennels and he can hook you up with what you need. He has some of the best customer service after the sale that you will find anywhere!!!
MEADOWWOOD'S BEAGLES

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

We sometimes run 7 at a time without problems. Recently had a dog fall into a 20 foot well and without her collar we may never have found her. They are the best on the market. The secret is to keep them updated.
Jackson Boys Kennel and Starting Pen

PCH HBCH GRCH LPRCH and PKC $ winner Matt Dillon
HBCH GRCH Jacksons Jack on the Bone
FCGD PCH HBCH Jackson Boys Slick Willie (RIP Champ)
Bill's (614)965-2219

Ken Yerian

Post by Ken Yerian »

Get it. Don't know how I got along without it. I'm running six collars without any problems. Do keep them updated
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Best purchase I've made. I got it when it was relatively new and I've never ever dropped a signal in any country ditions that I've ever seen.

Such a great piece of mind and useful when your hunting g places with roads.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

wcbeagle

Post by wcbeagle »

Thanks for the replies. Found out yesterday that I have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder that will require surgery. The Alpha will have to wait until this is over. I know I will miss at least the first have of our hunting. This is the second time on the same shoulder. Hope to be back in the woods by the first of the year. Thanks again.