cranks chicken?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

20guage1

cranks chicken?

Post by 20guage1 »

I am looking to purchase a broke gun dog, I have been offered a 3yr old male out of cranks chicken?? Dose anyone have any info on this bloodline? I personally have no knowledge, and have never heard of this line. Any info would be greatly appreciated, good, bad, or indifferent.

Thanks

Tony

gpen08

Re: cranks chicken?

Post by gpen08 »

Flat medium speed line running dogs. Would get much more info and responses on espo board.

Hurricane Creek

Post by Hurricane Creek »

You can also search for info and post your question at http://www.rabbitdogs.net/forum.php

Best way is go watch that 3 yr old male run in person (not videos). Do you like what you see, how he handles, hunts, runs -- solo and with other hounds. If you can, also try and observe if he has any annoying kennel habits... Is he timid, a big kennel barker, bed wetter/crap in his box, fighter, whatever.

Never saw Chicken run but I have 2 from that line in our kennel. We also have some older Branko blood; I mention that only as a basis of comparison. When scenting is decent or when packed, my male runs a bit stronger than flat medium. Competitive but typically not the lead dog. Won't quit a check and go running off looking for another easier to run line. Shines in hard to scent conditions. Typically nose on ground, not head up wind scenting. Our gyp moves out quicker (more Shorts than Chicken) but still in the med speed spectrum. Both have good search/hunt, the female handles easier.

As to Chicken's lineage/pedigree -- it's solid with similar style hounds. How close is he in this male's ped, but more important (to me), what does that male's bitch line produce? Google fc crank's chicken and a number of ped sites come up with his info. My male: http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/beagle/ ... ek-captain

Hope this helps you.

20guage1

Post by 20guage1 »

Thank u, to those who responded, I will be running this hound this week with my dogs, and will try and determine, if he fits in. Thanks once again.

Tony