This is what it's all about

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JacksonBoys

This is what it's all about

Post by JacksonBoys »

Family, friends, and hounds, Drummond Island. Well we sure turned a handful of young hounds into gun dogs. We killed a total of 48 hare in 7 days of gunning. Most days the hounds ran over 22 miles a day and avg speed on the garmin was 7 miles a hour. We may just move to hare country. You sure will get a new found respect for your hounds after a hunt like this. You will also know your true rabbit haters. :lol: For all you cotton tail hunters go north and get you some. Nothing like it. And one thing, don't forget your boots. Anyone interested in the cabin can contact Northern Properties. The cabin is Paw Point Lodge. We have stayed there several times and if taking a big group its the place to stay. Sleeps 16, game room, hot tub, you name it. You won't want to leave.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Papa and Natalie
Last edited by JacksonBoys on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jackson Boys Kennel and Starting Pen

PCH HBCH GRCH LPRCH and PKC $ winner Matt Dillon
HBCH GRCH Jacksons Jack on the Bone
FCGD PCH HBCH Jackson Boys Slick Willie (RIP Champ)
Bill's (614)965-2219

Baldhead99

Re: This is what it's all about

Post by Baldhead99 »

AWESOME!!! Amen to that

Remmy

Post by Remmy »

Running hare will spoil a man and his dogs.

Glad you have fun.

Hope to make a couple more trips north before spring.
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Wow!! The pics. just tell what had to have been a great time and great story! Nice looking dogs that everyone can tell are well cared for. If they run as good as they look my guess is you boys got a nice bunch of dogs. Yet the thing that makes me feel really, really good is to see the youth in the pics. My guess is that this bunch had a whole lot more fun with the dogs pictured, the shot guns shown and the joy of fellowship and friendship than any cell phone, computer or any other electronic device could ever provide. That right there is a bunch of memories made that will last a lifetime. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Thanks for the Photo's I always wonder what that North, Hare Country look like, very nice hound and I enjoy the Kids,, in a few years there may not be anywhere down South, to run the hounds, Chicken hound everywhere any they building then everyday, seven hundred, feed long and 60 feet wide, sometime 10 to 12 side by side?

Keep them kids in the woods, they mighty lucky..

Keep looking Up!
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia