Need My 6mo old puppy started.....

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

stantheman

Need My 6mo old puppy started.....

Post by stantheman »

I have a 6mo old female I would like to have started. Work has gotten the best of me, thank God it's only seasonally.

Anyone know a puppy starting service near New Jersey? New York and PA I can also work with. She is really ready to go but I cannot give the time to her right now. I know she will start quick.

Thanks

Stan

SNOWDOGS1

Re: Need My 6mo old puppy started.....

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

See if you can find Slicker's beagle kennels in Hop Bottom, PA. I never used him, but found him a while back on the internet. Said he has kennels to keep hounds and running grounds including 2 puppy pens.. Might be close enough to you for consideration. Website used to be slick50@epix.net. His name is Gary Slick, last number i saw was 570-289-4481. Good luck.

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

Try April Dentenci, or close to that name, of pa, she by cabelas, she runs ukc format, so try that website also.
Karan eurick Frenchtown nj, she does brace dogs, but will start any format dogs.
Frank Chamberlin windsor ny, has a full starting and conditioning kennel setup.
Good luck

stantheman

Post by stantheman »

Called Gary Slick. He is unable to run my pup due to training grounds conditions.

I will call the other 2 people listed below and see if they have anything open. Thank you!

Hippy

Post by Hippy »

Dave Kerr 814-288-7605 PLENTY of Rabbits and a Real Houndsman

Jim Miller
"Today is the 1st DAY,of the rest of your Life"

stantheman

Post by stantheman »

Hippy wrote:Dave Kerr 814-288-7605 PLENTY of Rabbits and a Real Houndsman

Jim Miller

Where is he located Jim?

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

Keep us posted on who you used, and how pup makes out

stantheman

Post by stantheman »

Just an update. I tried to start her myself this winter, but we were unsuccessful. I called Karen about 2 weeks ago. I am on her waiting list. Hoping to get a call soon, but this nor'easter may push this back a little. Anyone else y'all can recommend that's close to or in NJ? I called Gary Slick, he doesn't start dogs.

Thanks

Stan

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

Where u at in jersey? Call me on my cell. 201 218 9933. ( redwood tree ).

stantheman

Post by stantheman »

I have an appointment with a great couple who starts dogs near Harrisburg. She is down there April 1st. Cannot wait to get her down there! I will let y'all know how she does

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

Matt Marple does a excellent job with starting pups...every dog ive got back is running well
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

stantheman

Post by stantheman »

I would like to update everyone on my pup. I reached out to a few people and decided to go with Kim and John near Harrisburg PA. Lady spent 2 weeks out there and she started quickly. They take excellent care of my pup and I could not be happier with the result. They always updated me on her progress and loved her as if she were their own. They have a fantastic running grounds. I highly recommend using their services to anyone looking to get their pup started.