Round pond bloodline

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Baldhead99

Round pond bloodline

Post by Baldhead99 »

Have a buddy looking for info on this bloodline. What are the good bad. Thanks for your help

Hare Chaser

Re: Round pond bloodline

Post by Hare Chaser »

Baldhead99 wrote:Have a buddy looking for info on this bloodline. What are the good bad. Thanks for your help
It really isn't a bloodline. Round Pound was the kennel name for Tom Sharpe who resided in southeastern NH. Tom was a tough competitor on the LPOH field trial circuit in the Northeast for years. Two of perhaps his most well known dogs were FC Round Pond Mr. T and IFC Melanson's Ranger Dan. He advertised these 2 males at stud for many years. I think percentage wise Ranger Dan reproduced better than Mr T. but I don't have statistics to back that up. Not sure if Tom is still alive or not. If he is he must be into his 80's. If Tom was entering a dog in a trial you always knew it was one capable of winning. He always kept and promoted winning dogs that were tough enough to withstand the rigors of AKC Large Pack On Hare. Stamina and an ability to stay focused are very necessary traits in this circuit.

Baldhead99

Post by Baldhead99 »

Thanks hare chaser

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

When I lived in New Hampshire and was going to some Large Pack on Hare trials and talking to the folks on the circuit and at the Club the word was always"if you want to put some hunt in your dogs get some Mr. T".
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

I have some they hunt great! having mount zion pete helps!
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

Ranger Dan
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

HAVE RIGHT MUCH T BLOOD IN MY KENNEL ALWAYS HAD GOOD LUCK WITH IT GOT SOME DOGS WITH 4 CROSSES IN THEM . FOR ME WHERE ALWAYS SMOOTH RUNNING LINE DOGS WITH FOOT TO BOOT.BUT ITS GETTING WAY BACK NOW IN GEN.
BIGDOGPACE