Club insurance

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mathews

Club insurance

Post by mathews »

What do you guys pay for club insurance and what carrier do you guys use I feel we're paying way to much

rabbit chaser

Re: Club insurance

Post by rabbit chaser »

that's a pretty vague question kind of like asking how much do you pay for a new car? how many acres is the club and what does the policy cover.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

mathews

Post by mathews »

2-40 acre pens and $250,000 liability

mathews

Post by mathews »

I guess if I could just get some names of some carriers other clubs use I could fax them our policy and get a price

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Southern WV Beagle Club has 97 acres Club House Barn and Tractor and cover dogs,owners,handlers,and gallery for 2 field trials we have to have a policy with one million dollar liability to run at locks for our field trial policy costs about $ 1100.00 a yesr
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

John Way

Post by John Way »

I had posted this on another site last week.

Our club gets their Liability Ins through The National Beagle Club. It covers participants at events and functions. The club membership should sign hold harmless agreement when they join and pay dues. Releases the club of liability should they get injured while running their hound or working at club maintenance. Most beagle clubs would go under just paying litigation on a law suit. Thats the age we live in.

If you need additional ins for equipment / buildings etc , there are mini farm /estate policys available. Not sure where your located , but Farm Family Ins Co provides theses types. Depending upon coverage , may run $1500 + per yr. Our lia ins from NBC believe runs about $400 per yr.

donjuan

Post by donjuan »

First I want to say I am not knocking the National Beagle Club policy as I think it has a use.
But I have been writing insurance for hunting, beagle, sportsmen's clubs Etc. across the country for over 11 years. I have also been an Underwriter for a outdoor insurance program. I am a beagler, judge, and board member of Northern WV Beagle club so I understand what clubs do and their liability exposure.
With that said, if you own or lease club grounds, you have a liability exposure 365 days a year and Waivers don't stop from someone taking you to court and having to pay attorney and court costs even if you are not negligent.
The national Beagle Club Policy covers your events, so your club has coverage for your events, how many days a year is that? The other days there is still a liability exposure. If someone comes on the grounds and gets hurt, not matter if trespassing or not and they sue. You will pay court and attorney costs at the very least. If you lose, the number can be huge.
I am not trying to sell you anything, but most regular insurance agents as well as club members don't understand club/outdoor insurance so if I can help I am glad to do so.
Email me at any time if you have questions: jreed@myprecisionoutdoor.com
Give me a call: 844-829-3372
Check out our website: www.myprecisionoutdoor.com
We can talk insurance, dogs or both. We can also write property, equipment, excess and directors and officers.

Thanks,
Jed Reed