Top snow dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Harehunter37

Top snow dogs

Post by Harehunter37 »

What's the top snow dogs around now?

Swampman

Re: Top snow dogs

Post by Swampman »

FCGD Pinehill Twizzler
FC Pine Run Pallins Hootch
Both are excellent snow hounds!

I have a litter out of Twizzler and my Bonnie female that are 5 months old, 5 of the 7 pups are started and they started in Dec. on snow.
The male pup that my Dad and I kept isn't just started, he's circling rabbits already, one of the females I sold to a local hunter is also.

I also had 3 females out of Hootch, keeping just one but all 3 have shown good snow noses and they won't be 2 until May.

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

Sounds like a great cross
I would do it again

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

Swampman wrote:FCGD Pinehill Twizzler
FC Pine Run Pallins Hootch
Both are excellent snow hounds!

I have a litter out of Twizzler and my Bonnie female that are 5 months old, 5 of the 7 pups are started and they started in Dec. on snow.
The male pup that my Dad and I kept isn't just started, he's circling rabbits already, one of the females I sold to a local hunter is also.

I also had 3 females out of Hootch, keeping just one but all 3 have shown good snow noses and they won't be 2 until May.
I will never forget southern Indiana on the Ice 2 years ago. twizzler didn't just beat us (mine included) he completely destroyed every other dog (mine included) on that stuff!! Not to mention you can't find a nicer fella to deal with than his owner mitch.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Funny Twizzlers name comes up....I called Mitch yesterday and spoke to him about breeding to Twizzler down the road. Mitch is a great and honest guy.

He has some great nose hounds in his pedigree...Shooter...another that threw really good noses was Snow Run Molly Holly(Twizzlers grandmother on top of his pedigree)...I have two off of her. They both have really good noses...Green Bay Hail Mary(strongest nose I have had). and Green Bay Walk On...nice nose as well.

Mary has done some special things in tough conditions under the gun...20 inches of snow in Maine....the nose to run hare and the patience to slow down when scent was scarce. Her pups show those charateristics as well.

Thinking of taking one of Mary's daughters back to Twizzler in the future...could work out.

Good luck and good running!

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I will also say this...Joe Kuklenski...of Green Bay Kennels....comes up with some special ones....from what I have heard he has another...Green Bay Leave it to Beaver...about 16 months old or thereabout...2 wins already....with special nose and tracking skills.....from judges who have watched him and folks who have personally seen him run.

He is off of Gronkowski and Halo....a post about that cross is circulating below now on this forum.

Joe K. puts the time in them and when they have "it" you will see them on the podiums....but he hunts these dogs as well...NOT just trials.

Again good luck!
Last edited by BCBeagles on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

Beaver is off of Gronk and Halo first litter

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Sorry...I stand corrected. thanks!

jim matuszewski

Post by jim matuszewski »

upnorth's jersey ;)

jim matuszewski

I also have a pup f rom rowdy out of bonny and twizzler that is opening on track in some pretty tough conditions I wouldn't call him started but i'm pretty impressed , I also agree with the point made on joes leave it to beaver dog, I was in marshaling when he won the iron mountain trial , it wasn't on snow but scenting was very tough and he really stood out. two other dogs that I have seen go that should be in the conversation are stormy kromer and cooper lake cowboy, that stormy kromer dog is pretty talented from what I have seen he has all the gears , he can fly when conditions are great and can knuckle down and run when most dogs can't

bluegrass1

Post by bluegrass1 »

Is Hootch by Renegade & Blue Bay?

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

bluegrass1 wrote:Is Hootch by Renegade & Blue Bay?

No. See attached pedigre.

I purchased her from Swampman in July 2016.
Attachments
Belle- Left side.jpg
Belle- Left side.jpg (152.3 KiB) Viewed 7205 times
Belle-Right side.jpg
Belle-Right side.jpg (144.03 KiB) Viewed 7205 times
Stines Rowdy Bella.jpg
Stines Rowdy Bella.jpg (101.96 KiB) Viewed 7205 times

bluegrass1

Post by bluegrass1 »

Nice! Thanks.

Rabbit/Hareman123

Post by Rabbit/Hareman123 »

jim matuszewski wrote:I also have a pup f rom rowdy out of bonny and twizzler that is opening on track in some pretty tough conditions I wouldn't call him started but i'm pretty impressed , I also agree with the point made on joes leave it to beaver dog, I was in marshaling when he won the iron mountain trial , it wasn't on snow but scenting was very tough and he really stood out. two other dogs that I have seen go that should be in the conversation are stormy kromer and cooper lake cowboy, that stormy kromer dog is pretty talented from what I have seen he has all the gears , he can fly when conditions are great and can knuckle down and run when most dogs can't
x2,both are nice, stormy kromer has recently made fc,congrats to you amans.... :D

jim matuszewski

stormy has been a large pack on hare field champion for over a year he just made gun dog field champion ,to make him a dual champion