Clips of midwest style???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Welshman

Re: Clips of midwest style???

Post by Welshman »

Never been to a trial but learned something from video. The gallery stays ahead of the pack and re-directs the dogs after they blow the check? And there are two types of dogs ran, trial dogs and gundogs? I feed, medicate, raise and abandon my family for a dog that when a rabbit is jumped, all I ask is to see the rabbit circled back to me. From what I saw I don't think these dogs are capable of that with out assistance.

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

A man asked me today. Why come you don t have anymore beagles. If I can find a beagle better than my rabbit boxes I will buy it. A dog cannot get but so good and that's it. Dose not matter what style it is. Unless walkie talkie dogs. Give me your culls and the rabbits and I can go rabbit hunting. Rabbits plays a big part on how a dog looks. Has it got to the point that trials dogs of different style are the only dogs that can bring rabbits to the table. I don t know yall. I am just tired of beagles in trials that never had a rabbit kill in front of it. Not saying Midwest dogs or any other format out there. But I am a old rabbit hunter. I love to here a gun go off.

Rabbit/Hareman123

Post by Rabbit/Hareman123 »

I know this may be an echo, but schag has a darn good video out, that has some top dogs in it, some of those dogs are hunted in the wild, also a good video to look at all year long especially on days ,when you can't work, and your in construction like i am.

Schag

Post by Schag »

Thank-you guys for the compliments...I appreciate the kind words.