Clips of midwest style???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

freestyler

Clips of midwest style???

Post by freestyler »

Lets see some videos of midwest style dogs???Are we all thinking the same about speed and linecontrol?

Schag

Re: Clips of midwest style???

Post by Schag »

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

No.....best way is to go and observe first hand....

Take a dog that falls into the category of size and enter the trial. I enjoy them thoroughly..dont get to go to many, but enjoy them every time I do go..opinions vary greatly and to see first hand is the most valuable way to confirm what your beliefs are or make you question what you believe...and then understand it more.

From my first experience about 6 years ago until now...it has changed....be it good or bad it has changed.

My opinions....

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I will also say I have seen some extremely nice dogs in the trials.....about every trial I went to I came away with a hound in mind that stood out...

Great way to evaluate styles and lines.....the die hard guys run the crap out of their dogs and it shows when you watch them run.

Newt

Post by Newt »

freestyler wrote:Lets see some videos of midwest style dogs???Are we all thinking the same about speed and linecontrol?
Videos aren't too educational. The best evaluation is to take the dog in your kennel that best exemplifies your style hound and put it down with a Mid West Champion in your area.

RiverBottom

Post by RiverBottom »

Bragging on dogs on boards like this isn't very educational either. I would much rather see video. Not as good as being there, but far better than asking someone's opinion.

Watch Budd or Mark Carder's videos and you will get a pretty good idea of the kind of dogs they run. The few large pack trial videos I have seen have been pretty educational also :shock:
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Schag

Post by Schag »

Obviously the best way to gauge dogs and abilities are to go to several trials and be the judge yourself. I gave you a link to my hunting video that has several dogs along with Midwest field champions running. If you cannot go to see for yourself, video would be second best. Good luck.

freestyler

Post by freestyler »

I don't want to see abilities.just for fun!thanks for the replies!

CASKEY'S KENNEL

Post by CASKEY'S KENNEL »

If they would video at the trial's they might have a different out come on the places . As some judges get tunnel vision . :lol: ! But hell they have a tuff job to do .
"WHERE THE DOGS DO THE TALKING"
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900
BEAVERCREEK Karma KIckaz sister
HUNT-EM-UP BLAZER'S MARGRET. 5 AKC FC
IFC BANGOR'S BARKIN BLUE ELVIS 4 AKC FC

Eva's Beagles

Post by Eva's Beagles »

I brought one BTT in the trial results from Muskegon River.
Eva's Beagles

warddog

Post by warddog »

RiverBottom wrote:Bragging on dogs on boards like this isn't very educational either. I would much rather see video. Not as good as being there, but far better than asking someone's opinion.

Watch Budd or Mark Carder's videos and you will get a pretty good idea of the kind of dogs they run. The few large pack trial videos I have seen have been pretty educational also :shock:
Gotta agree. I've been to several pro football games and just had the best seat in the house over any of them while watching the Super bowl last night. If something was missed just wait it could be REVIEWED and overturned, confirmed or allowed to stand. It also puts the referees (judges) in the lime light as well even though that isn't the purpose. Mistakes and wrong opinions of what one personally saw, gets put into the eyes of others to decide. I've seen many of the videos mentioned as well as several others and believe I have a pretty good idea of what type dogs are ran, what I don't have is an idea of how they would be refereed (judged) other than my personal opinion but I will say I like ALL dogs that can bring a rabbit to the gun. Some I like better than others though but that is MY taste.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Vids. rarely show the good, the bad and the ugly. Hound running the same spots crossing back and forth across the two track gets kinda boring. Get in the woods, turn/check the rabbit/hare then vid the hounds, show the work of the hound at a loss.See who's me-tooing filling in the music and who's carrying the line.
One guy told me one time, he was so good editing vids, he could make any hound look good. Scary thing I think he's right.
Shag had some good vid of them champs in hunting vids that was good. Nice to see highly though of hounds bring a rabbit to the gun. jmho

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

Sharing somebody else's video. This video shows some good and bad. I see some good dogs. Looks like a good trial to attend. Running ground doesn't get any better this trial.

https://youtu.be/6dcMxrt05Q0
Minnesota Beagler

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Thanks for posting that. Was that what you would say was typical on the average for Midwest trials and the typical Midwest style dog? If so, they can be as rough as any Large Pack on Hare trial I've ever seen! I'm sure just as in LPOH, there are some excellent dogs in the Midwest format and it would be unfair to make much of a judgement on a few clips from one trial. On a different note, do you know what brand of camera was used? Apart from the noise the zoom made it seemed to film quite clearly.

freestyler

Post by freestyler »

mn_beagleboy wrote:Sharing somebody else's video. This video shows some good and bad. I see some good dogs. Looks like a good trial to attend. Running ground doesn't get any better this trial.

https://youtu.be/6dcMxrt05Q0
:check: