a week on the road with the beagles

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

a week on the road with the beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Just got home from a week on the road with the beagles.
Started off gun hunting with my son Zack and some of his wife's relatives on some the family farm in Grainger County Tn.Dogs ran well and the kids had a ball.
Then traveled up to Berea,Ky. and entered my females in Jessamine County's Field trial. It was my dogs first time at a trial and we didn't draw any blood but they ran well and I enjoyed watching the action and visiting with the other beaglers.
Traveled out to western Kentucky and hunted with my friend Josh Stofer. Had a couple of good cottontail runs where we took a couple and then got down in some river bottoms where we pounded on some big swampers and took a couple of them. As Josh would say " that there's a healthy rabbit".
Left Kentucky and traveled out to west Tennessee to meet new friend Ed Stutz and his Hurricane Creek beagles.We walked a lot of miles and the beagles hunted hard as rabbits were hard to come by.Met a local rabbit hunter who told us that there weren't many rabbits in the bottoms this year. Be that as it may we were able to have several good runs taking cottontail and swamper.Thanks Ed and Melissa.Enjoyed the visit.
Attachments
Luke,Brandon and Lucas had a ball.
Luke,Brandon and Lucas had a ball.
kids (587 x 386).jpg (93.53 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
Josh Stofer with some Kentucky river bottom swampers.
Josh Stofer with some Kentucky river bottom swampers.
DSC02081 (676 x 507).jpg (96.13 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
Ed Stutz with a cottontail and a swamper.Tennessee River.
Ed Stutz with a cottontail and a swamper.Tennessee River.
DSC02085 (507 x 676).jpg (96.24 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

SNOWDOGS1

Re: a week on the road with the beagles

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

Nice! Good to see some kids enjoying the hounds.

Welshman

Post by Welshman »

Those boys will remember those days for a long time. Never realized swamp rabbits were that big. Good pics!

J Steelman

Post by J Steelman »

That's a good week.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Thanks for sharing...love to see young ones involved!

Rabbit/Hareman123

Post by Rabbit/Hareman123 »

Good hunting, nice young crew,i love to see the young hunters in the mix,THUMBS UP

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Way To Go, that brings back some mighty good Memories, from when I was a much younger man. We loves to run them Big old Swampers !

At 77 I still get in a lots of mighty fine running my hounds here in the local deer leases, now that Deer Season is finally closed here In N.E.Ga. With the Ol Kubota RTV 900 was able to run the pack for three days this week!

Keep looking up!
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Glad ya got to come by and get a hunt in Dana. To bad we had a rain out one day.
Hounds packed up and ran good together. Nothing like making that timber ring with sound of some Hounds on a ole swamper. And yes, they are healthy rascals. Lol! We'll have to try'er again next year.
BONE BOX BEAGLES