Stine Time Ivy

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

lananbay

Stine Time Ivy

Post by lananbay »

I'm looking to purchase a direct offspring/grand offspring off StineTime Ivy
Would also bred to a stud off same bloodline
Please contact Destry 318-453-2797
Last edited by lananbay on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destry Lopez
LANAN BAY KENNELS

Hunting hounds by RANGER DAN & BLUE NINJA

Lone Pine Beagles

Re: Stine Time Ivory

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

Ivy

mybeagles

Re: Stine Time Ivy

Post by mybeagles »

Ed Hubbard and his boys from mid michigan have some of that blood. Ed had 2 littermate but they would be dead. Ivy died several years ago at 13 years old. Ed may have some offspring but even they would be getting old. I don't have his contact information but someone on here likely does.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Hubbard84

Post by Hubbard84 »

That's accurate mybeagles. My dad got a male-duece, and my grandpa got a female-page that were littermates to Ivy and have both passed. What's left is a grandpup to duece, Dooley owned by my grandpa, and two right out of duece and a slower female. I'll PM you Ed's number Lana and maybe he could give you more specifics on the blood.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Hubbard84,

How would you describe the grand pups with their various breedings? Still big nose, big hunt? Just curious.
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

SMITTY1233

Post by SMITTY1233 »

I'm sure we text last night about Ivy. I gunned with Ivy a lot. Saw her run multiple times in the woods in some extreme northern Michigan conditions. There are no dogs with a better nose IMO. Maybe as good but not better. She had a nose like you couldn't believe and she had the hunt and drive to go with it. I had a male out of her that passed last winter. Smith Bros Lil Gunner boy. He was a nice 13" Male hound in his own right. However I would say he had a notch less nose, A notch less hunt and was likely a touch faster than she was. I've hunted with several of her off spring and this picture below is her son. I ended up breeding this dog back into a Ranger dan female. The pup was a fast starter with a ton of nose. I wasn't happy with his hunt however. Didn't seem to get in the brush like his dad and grand mother did. I ended up giving him to a local kid when he was less than two years old. Pj's Copper Boy is his name. He had really really good potential.

hounds... hare.... hunter.... bang... what gets better than that.
SMITH BROS. BEAGLES
KRIS SMITH
517-881-0353

Hubbard84

Post by Hubbard84 »

IMG_5009.PNG
(17.56 KiB) Downloaded 1987 times
Duece is a littermate to Ivy and is pictured in this message. He's the first dog my dad has kept from puppy till death. He was all business from the get go, as he wouldn't play with his other female littermate in the starting pen at 4-5 months because he wanted to focus on the rabbit. His main limitation from being nearly a perfect rabbit dog was his mouth was nothing special. He also wasn't overly full of stamina however he had 100% heart and would run all day...he just look tired at the end of the day up north. His nose and hunt were among the most impressive traits he had along with his, ability to figure out a double. On a breakdown after the rabbit or hare doubled back he would go running back and get it figured out, showing his intelligence. He was a well built 14" muscled up hound. He sired three litters. One of which we never found out about because he just a stud dog. The other two were bred at home. The faith litter all turned out to be solid rabbit dogs with hard hunt, good in the check upper medium speed, not sure their noses were exceptional however two females raised puppies and one male sired some litters. The star litter had one pup lost, and one pup gone to heat stroke at a young age.

The grandpup that is left is a lemon and white male who has been the main dog of the pack for many years, however now he is 8 or 9 and over the hill. I would say his nose was fair, stamina was decent, hunt was fair, and ability to run was above average. He would keep a chase going and be the lead dog however he wouldn't hunt quite as hard as the direct descendants.

There are two left between my dad and grandpa right out of deuce and slower "cottontail bred" female. These pups turned out to be exceptionally hard hunters, and I would say some of them have above average nose but not extreme..not like deuce. They can run a rabbit and keep it going but not with the ease of a real great dog. They run around 6 on speed.

I'm sure my dad and grandpa could describe all the dogs mentioned with more accuracy but I tried. That was a very good litter of beagles between Ivy, deuce, page, huey?(dan smith) and the others I can't think of. Perhaps we didn't find a solid enough female to breed to him to get a replica, something as good, or something better than him. We've thought about breeding dooley-grandpup to jersey-direct descendant to keep that line and maybe get another as good. :D

SMITTY1233

Post by SMITTY1233 »

This is a picture of Smith Bros. Lil Gunner Boy who was out of Shady Creek Boogity Boogity and Stine Time Ivy. Also pictured is Pj's Copper boy at 6 months old. Boogity was a hard hitting line driving dog. He won the first two AKC Midwest trials he was ever entered in. He was an unbelievable good solo dog. Could solo a rabbit a lone for hours. He was great in competition hunts cause he would push to the front and was a quick check dog. I grew tired of competitive style in the gun dog woods. I was a gun hunter first the foremost and disrupting the pack in 0 degree weather and 24" of snow didn't last long. I was co-owner of boogity and we sold him into a pee poor situation. Wish I had known more about it at the time. Boogity help me in a rough time in my life and was my buddy it was hard to see him go and harder to know how it ended up. Boogity had a rough patch in his life and switched hands a few times before ending up in the hands of Brad Foster. I believe he finished him out for his FC title and placed in the UKC world hunt a few times. We then Bred Smith Bros Lil gunner boy back into a Ranger Dan female and that produced Pj's Copper Boy who I kept and a local hunter kept one. Both of those dogs had extreme nose and were running rabbits together at 4 months old. Both the easiest starting pups I had ever started. I got out of beagles shortly after starting PJ's Copper boy and got into big hounds. A local kid in our football club was looking for a pair of beagles to get into beagling. I gave him both Smith Bros. Lil Gunner boy who was 8 and an absolute finished dog and Copper. Gunner Boy died a year later and he still owns Copper. If he put in the time I imagine that he is a nice dog. The dog had awesome potential when I gave him away.

hounds... hare.... hunter.... bang... what gets better than that.
SMITH BROS. BEAGLES
KRIS SMITH
517-881-0353

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Hubbard84,

I bred Ivy 3X to exceptional males and only had 1 with her ability. She had 2 more litters with new owner and none of the pups were equal or better which should be the goal. In the end I didn't consider her a producer. Sounds like your describing a similar trait with Deuce.
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly