dogs with under bite

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JacksonBoys

Re: dogs with under bite

Post by JacksonBoys »

Hey Kaskeys Kennel we agree that Branko has made more money than anybody on this board. Over the years we have bought several dogs from them. The last batch we bought we bought three. Two of the three have underbites. We sold one on this board and advertised him as such. Gave him away for the cost of shipping. There are no perfect hounds and don't think that them big ear stud dogs wont throw a bite.
Jackson Boys Kennel and Starting Pen

PCH HBCH GRCH LPRCH and PKC $ winner Matt Dillon
HBCH GRCH Jacksons Jack on the Bone
FCGD PCH HBCH Jackson Boys Slick Willie (RIP Champ)
Bill's (614)965-2219

CASKEY'S KENNEL

Post by CASKEY'S KENNEL »

Guess we been lucky over the past 20 years , We prolly only raised 100 pups which is not a lot and never had a underbite dog where you could see the bottom teeth .When just looking at the dogs mouth.

Never would have thought Branko dogs would have a underbite . Must be from the line breeding . We might come across some with underbite now that we are starting to do a little line breeding . But if I can tell when it's a pup it will never leave this kennel . That's a fact .
Last edited by CASKEY'S KENNEL on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"WHERE THE DOGS DO THE TALKING"
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900
BEAVERCREEK Karma KIckaz sister
HUNT-EM-UP BLAZER'S MARGRET. 5 AKC FC
IFC BANGOR'S BARKIN BLUE ELVIS 4 AKC FC

CASKEY'S KENNEL

JacksonBoys wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:52 pm
Hey Kaskeys Kennel we agree that Branko has made more money than anybody on this board. Over the years we have bought several dogs from them. The last batch we bought we bought three. Two of the three have underbites. We sold one on this board and advertised him as such. Gave him away for the cost of shipping. There are no perfect hounds and don't think that them big ear stud dogs wont throw a bite.
Hey Gackson Boys , Hopefully them underbite dogs you had didn't leave with AKC papers .
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

We have never had a dog with an underbite that you could see just looking at the dogs mouth. You would have to look very hard to see it. We are a lot more critical with our dogs than most and if it's not a scissor bite it is a bite. When you spend the money for Branko dogs as pups you don't want flaws. The only dog we sold with a bad bite was Brankos Slim Chance. He was out of Spot and Peggy Ann. You can probably pull up the ad and he was sold for $350 (for a fraction of the price we paid for him). We sold him because of the bite and we weren't breeding him. He had places in hunts and was a rabbit dog like most Branko dogs are. When we sell a dog, and we sell very few, we describe them for what they are. We sell dogs quick because we are honest about what they are. We are not dog traders and we enjoy the chase. We don't know what kind of dogs you run but we would love to drop them down with you sometime. The latest Branko bitch we sold recently you better hope you don't draw her out in a hunt because you will probably be going home early. Hope to meet you sometime Kasky
Jackson Boys Kennel and Starting Pen

PCH HBCH GRCH LPRCH and PKC $ winner Matt Dillon
HBCH GRCH Jacksons Jack on the Bone
FCGD PCH HBCH Jackson Boys Slick Willie (RIP Champ)
Bill's (614)965-2219

CASKEY'S KENNEL

JacksonBoys wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:18 pm
We have never had a dog with an underbite that you could see just looking at the dogs mouth. You would have to look very hard to see it. We are a lot more critical with our dogs than most and if it's not a scissor bite it is a bite. When you spend the money for Branko dogs as pups you don't want flaws. The only dog we sold with a bad bite was Brankos Slim Chance. He was out of Spot and Peggy Ann. You can probably pull up the ad and he was sold for $350 (for a fraction of the price we paid for him). We sold him because of the bite and we weren't breeding him. He had places in hunts and was a rabbit dog like most Branko dogs are. When we sell a dog, and we sell very few, we describe them for what they are. We sell dogs quick because we are honest about what they are. We are not dog traders and we enjoy the chase. We don't know what kind of dogs you run but we would love to drop them down with you sometime. The latest Branko bitch we sold recently you better hope you don't draw her out in a hunt because you will probably be going home early. Hope to meet you sometime Kasky
Jacks, The last sentence you wrote was funny . When we show up at a trial we have rabbit dogs with us that can run from daylite till dark and pretty smooth . I would have liked to have Braced her for us to judge. I like good dogs no matter who owns them and if they better than mine that day . I can handle telling a man his dog beat mine with a "FIRM " handshake . As for as trials go they don't mean much to me unless I can see what's going on . I will give you a call today . Have a good day .
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900