pedigree service

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big River Beagles S

pedigree service

Post by Big River Beagles S »

who researches and creates a nice 3 to 5 generation pedigree? Contact info would be nice
Thanks in advance scott
Last edited by Big River Beagles S on Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hare Chaser

Re: pedigree servise

Post by Hare Chaser »

Wayne Gross in Kentucky does an excellent job. Did (2) for me a few months ago and has done several for others on this sight.

Big River Beagles S

Re: pedigree service

do u have any contact info

Little Hawk

Post by Little Hawk »

Wayne Gross
3255 Beatyville Rd.
Jackson,Ky 41339
(606) 666 5575

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

The integrity of most pedigree services I've seen have been accompanied by AKC or other registry letter/numbers of the parentage, extending 1-8 generations. My point is, many times on here I've seen pedigrees given only to be corrected. I feel someone would not post a pedigree if they did not feel they had the real McCoy but the accuracy of most information is reliant upon the sources used.
Wayne may have excellent sources, that would be interesting to know.

Big River Beagles S

these would be for my own personal use and I understand what you are talking about correctness but lets be honest that AKC papers are only as accurate and honest as the person registering the litter. I know of cases were akc has had to send documentation of litter registrations not being correct either from honest mistakes to all out lying about lineage. I don't want to get a big debate going on this just want a good place to have some pedigrees drawn up with out paying an arm and a leg for a 5 generation akc one.

Big River Beagles S

thanks little hawk I will call him

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Ok, then as dog food is also one of our favorite topics on here, all dog food being created equal, cost is the deciding factor. I'm good with that...
Digestibility and usefulness may vary in the end tho... the results may show cheap was not so cheap...jmho ;)

Big River Beagles S

I understand your point but I don't think you understood mine, you talked about accuracy and I showed how even the registry pedigree is only as accurate as the individual sending in paper work unless akc or ukc or ckc would start dna every pup in a litter and parents and we all know that is unfeasible in the real world do to cost. jmho

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I understand your point. Then I can make you up a pedigree for half the cost of what Wayne charges... :biggrin:

Big River Beagles S

if you had the software for a good reliable pedigree I would give you a shot.

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Big River, sent you a pm.

SRP, why is it you always seem to find a way to foul the nest? Your lucky the moderators here are far, far more patient than Norwester or for that matter, than I'd be if I were the moderator. You'd have been a blip on the screen long ago.

Wayne Gross seems to me to be a real nice guy who is willing to share what he has with the rabbit/hare hound community. At $5 a piece he must be barely breaking even. My (2) pedigrees were rock solid as I'm sure most others are. He processed and mailed mine back in less than a week and this is not his business. Rather, I think it is a part of his passion and quite frankly a display of generosity towards others who share the joy of hounds and their ancestry.

Kudos to Wayne Gross and thank you sir, for your service and generosity!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Hi Dan,
"Fouling the nest" was never my intent. I only offered advice about verifying the source of pedigrees given. I'm sure Wayne is a fine fellow and hopefully he has done the work for accurate records. $5 is a steal for pedigree and verification.

It is good you still have your "safe place" to comfort yourself with like minds. Many snowflakes start to melt when doubt and friction cause heating or global warming. I've always enjoyed this site as censorship was never a weapon used against diversity and diverse discussion, you can openly debate and have your say without fear of persecution if you remain respectable to others. There are people that are good moderators and there are others that only use it only as a power sword. What a boring world to all think alike and the only satisfaction is stroking each other's egos.
We are all just blips on the screen of life, thanks for reminding me, hopefully something each of us can contribute will be a help to the next to follow.
Imho, debate of facts trumps censorship every time, only those with weak reasoning or lack of experienced knowledge are quick to wield the sword.
Kudos to you Dan.

Little Hawk

Post by Little Hawk »

Gene Wells does a nice pedigree also, he puts the arha champs and the AKC FC,s on his does a good job but he don't mail them he sends them through email or messenger maybe some other ways then you can print them off he charges $4.00 for 5 gen ped, he's on Facebook lives in New York just message him through Facebook,I've used Wayne Gross and Gene Wells both do nice peds.

warddog

Post by warddog »

AAAHHH manufactured beagle pedigrees and kibble dog food two of the truly unknowns, as not a single one of us were there when they were originally manufactured. All we know is what we are told or how the product is represented. WHAT we do know for a FACT is that they are and are produced with meat/ bone meal which is just that meal made from meat/bone! All other ingredients are binders and extenders that may or may not add much of anything but bulk. Unprocessed raw meat and or bones are meat and bones with the only difference being the species they came from without any intervention from man!