Happy Papa to me!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

S.R.Patch

Happy Papa to me!

Post by S.R.Patch »

Well, got me a grandson this morning, Graham Mikael. A fine looking boy with fuzzy blond hair and a taste for his fingers, all 10 of them...lol
My granddaughter thinks he's swell but probably can't go fishing with us cause he don't got no clothes on or have his own fishing pole like her new one that's pink that she got for her birthday... little brother will have to be showed everything how to do, so I told her she has her hands full... she's such a big girl now... :lol:

BCBeagles

Re: Happy Papa to me!

Post by BCBeagles »

Congrats.....children are a blessing that continue to bless you with gifts like those grandchildren....take care!

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I would think a good grandpa could get him a new beagle pup, pair of chaps, fishing pole, a single shot .410
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Oh.what are little boys made of, made of? what are little boys made of?
Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails
That's what little boys are made of !"

So, what are little girls made of, made of? what are little girls made of?
"Sugar and spice and all things nice
That's what little girls are made of!

Funny what recollections come back to mind when holding these little ones. Long, long ago myself sitting in grandmothers lap.
They grow up so fast, let alone with their face in a computer or on a phone, missing everything going on around them.
Remember carring the buckeye grandpa gave you in your front pocket and a slingshot you'd made and of course a piece of twine. Thats all Nature and the world of makebelieve required for a boy to have fun.
Every treasure you found was carried in you pockets for mother to empty before she did the washing.
We used to get 2 pennies for a pop bottle, shaking you piggy bank and feeling the weight was a reward for a hards days work... :lol:

No, I think a good grandpa would teach his children that rewards are earned and that this "Candy Land" we've created is folly to mind.
We wonder why there is no satisfaction, respect and contentment in the world of plenty... We miss so much because we have to much... ;)

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Congrats on the new baby boy! :D

NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Way To Go, Old Man !!

I have myself a couple of Great-Grands, Now Days to keep me Going !

Keep Looking Up!
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

warddog

Post by warddog »

I think a good grandpa would teach his children that rewards are earned and that this "Candy Land" we've created is folly to mind.
We wonder why there is no satisfaction, respect and contentment in the world of plenty... We miss so much because we have to much...

I can't ever remember my grandparents providing me much of anything like I see many doing today up to and including raising their grandchildren. My dad is the one that taught me the appreciation of hunting, beagles and equipment and it wasn't until I earned any of it that I got it. Yes, I did get to hunt with my grandfathers as well as uncles and cousins but NOT until my dad had approved of my earning that right. I was also responsible to be ready with my own equipment when we were going hunting. I remember one time we were about to where we were going to hunt and I told dad I forgot my wallet with my hunting license in it (which was all that was in it those days) and he said well then you are gonna have a long boring day sitting in the car while we hunt. YEP, it was a long boring day listening to the dogs run and the shots while I was like a cheerleader on the sidelines. Don't think I ever forgot my license ever again! :hammer: