Cha-Cha

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Rabbithoundjb

Cha-Cha

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Been meaning to do this, just hadn't taken the time. I want to thank Brian Vinson from Worthington, Ohio for selling me Cha-Cha about 10 and half years ago. She became a fine dog, she left me a couple weeks ago and I will really miss her. She was off of a hard rock male and his fast track Josie female. Thank you Brian

bluemouse

Re: Cha-Cha

Post by bluemouse »

Sorry to hear that JB.

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

I appreciate that Dave. I actually lost 3 three weeks in a row, old Jazz died the last week of May she just turned 15 in March, Mary the 1st week of June she had just turned 9 and Cha- Cha passed the next week and she had turned 10 in February. They where good dogs, they all left oweing no one nothing

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Man,that's tough ! Hard to see those old dogs that have given you everything every time out and been your hunting companions on so many days come to the end.
I know you've got some young one's coming up to try and fill their places.
Good luck James.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Yea Dana you're thankful for what they gave you and what they taught you. Then you get excited about the ones you have coming along. The cycle of life. I have buried a many a good one on my property and sometimes I go out and sit on the patio, close my eyes and listen to um pound the crap out of mr. rabbit.

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Wow, 3 in a row would be hard for sure. I had to put a good one down a year ago. Pepper missed turning 12 by about 6 weeks. She was not a hound that was flashy or one of the "upper class" kind. She was a dog that was never a problem to take, would always give 100% and was as consistent a hound as I've ever owned. She was a hare hound day in and day out. I dug the hole in the back yard (several good dogs buried there) the night before knowing that after doing what had to be done in the morning I'd be in no shape to dig a grave. The sting was lessened a bit by the soon coming arrival of a very nice (1) year old male. He helped fill in the void left behind with Pepper's absence. The good ones always go to soon yet I truly enjoy working with young dogs and watching them develop.

I've videoed the majority of my runs/hunts for the last 10 years and have a pretty good catalog of DVD's to go back to from time to time. Hopefully you may have done the same or a friend has so you have some recorded memories to go back to in days to come and enjoy recalling the blessing they were to you.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Amen Harechaser.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch