Another hot week coming...

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

S.R.Patch

Another hot week coming...

Post by S.R.Patch »

Got a little break in the weather over the weekend. The old tomcat got run over up on the hill so the rabbits are coming more bold about the yard, two young ones coming up to the house sitting under the picnic table.
Ole Clem got loose again about 6am Sunday morning and had him a dandy couple hr run before I could catch him before church. How that hound gets off chain is a mystery to me but he's got it figured out. I could tell there were some gaps in the line, he's not as close as his brother Boone, or maybe it's a weaker nose or less patience. Anyway, he probably covered 20 acres on both side of the road on a good running rabbit. He sure is a happy little hound after he's fooled me and had his rabbit run, tho the rest show their displeasure at his solo escape.
They say mid-90's again all week and the corn is loving it, but we've miss the last couple of rains and a good all-night soaker would be welcomed for the garden.
Time to start breaking beans and washing jars for tomato juice... Ya'll have a good day.