Any big trading shows /events anywhere

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Tombh301

Any big trading shows /events anywhere

Post by Tombh301 »

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Re: Any big trading shows /events anywhere

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

Maxes water dog race and flea market. It's what used to be the Kenton Nationals. Lima county fair grounds Lima Ohio labor day weekend. It's huge.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

warddog

Post by warddog »

Used to go to the Kenton Nationals every year many years ago. It was huge back then and seemed to grow every year. It evolved to the point they had to have parking across the road. I went with my uncle who bought, sold and traded guns. Went in the truck camper, set up a booth and was there the entire time. LOTS of people through there with about anything and everything a person wanted to see.

Kenton was my big getaway every year starting in 78. I never missed a year until it went under. I was devastated. I saw some really cool and really crazy things. Maxes isn't Kenton but is very cool and fun. It will take you two days to walk through it. Max bought the water races from Eddy Rossy inc.and they are now run in a real pond. I'm shur I met you or your at dad one time or another Wardog.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

pztrailman

Post by pztrailman »

Canfield Ohio has a big trade day and water races Sept. 8 to 10th.

Is Canfield still held in the same place?

pztrailman

Post by pztrailman »

Yes

warddog

Post by warddog »

cris axtell/coal hill ken wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:25 am
Kenton was my big getaway every year starting in 78. I never missed a year until it went under. I was devastated. I saw some really cool and really crazy things. Maxes isn't Kenton but is very cool and fun. It will take you two days to walk through it. Max bought the water races from Eddy Rossy inc.and they are now run in a real pond. I'm shur I met you or your at dad one time or another Wardog.
Used to watch the water races in the cement pond as well as the field trails with the drags. Got a kick out of some of those big floppy eared hounds trying to swim against those that looked like greyhounds. Same was true in the filed trials as those that looked like greyhounds were FAST. I will admit I saw ALOT of crazy stuff there! I have often wondered what happened to the Kenton Nationals.

I have a lot of great memories of kenton. They didn't have it one year and that is when Maxes started. They had it the next year the weekend before labor day but no live animals. Now it is nothing but country music concerts. I've been going to Maxes since it started. It's not as exciting as kenton but it's still fun. And they have lots of toilets and and showers. lol