Run to catch

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Aubrey Holcombe

Re: Run to catch

Post by Aubrey Holcombe » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:00 am

Thanks Bossman for the photo of your females, they not only can Run a rabbit they good looking Gals. Might be them Turnip Greens that old Jerry Clower and you been Feeding your Gun Dogs..

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :check:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:25 am

All summer long I cook up and feed my dogs vegetables from the garden and they love them.
I don't know if any of you beaglers have ever seen this before. There is a huge hickory tree that shades my dog kennels and dog lot.This time of year the Hickory nuts are covering the ground.Most of the nuts when they fall pop open from the hull or do so within a day or so of dropping ,exposing the white" nut" inside.
My beagles eat these Hickory nuts like they were dog treats! They'll clean up all the ones on the ground and then lay there waiting for others to fall.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Newt

Post by Newt » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:39 am

Yeah, mine eat hickory nuts also. Sometimes they get the hull hung on a molar and can't close their mouth so I have to pry it off. Its surprising that their digestive system can digest those hulls. I've got a bitch that has been too fat all year. I'm running her and cutting her food but she eats the nuts.