Drummond Island

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

reddog1

Drummond Island

Post by reddog1 »

Heading to the Island in the morning for 10 days of running with friends but this year to bring my Grandson Nathan's ashes to the Island that he loved so much. He passed away on September 15Th while working at a job he loved.
This would have been his first year he could have run hare with us on the Island but I know he will still be with us.

Rest in peace my friend

Release the hounds.

Swampman

Re: Drummond Island

Post by Swampman »

Nate was a fine young man and I was looking forward to him joining us this year.
I am proud to be able to call him friend.

It was standing room only at his funeral, the eulogies told by his friends, former coaches, etc. were very touching and really pulled at the heart strings.
There wasn't a dry eye to be found, including my own.

He graduated from high school only last year, he touched so many people in his short life.
Rest in peace my young friend. :angel:

See you Wednesday night Chuck, drive safe!
Last edited by Swampman on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

That has to be bittersweet...but I understand your commitment...RIP to him...and my prayers with you....good running!

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

It is bittersweet. Nathan loved the Island and he loved running hounds. Because of school and football he could never come to the Island to run hare. The Saturday before he passed, he and I sat on my front porch talking about running hare on the Island this year. My life has been turned upside-down since his death he was more like a son to me than a grandson. I really miss him .

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Reddog:
Although I don't know you or you Grandson,, I have deep Feelings for your loss! I have lost three (3) of my son's at young ages, in auto accidents. They always gun hunted with me and help me handle the hounds at the field trials, over the years. I sure do miss them hunting with me, never been the same, since they passed away. I do have two Grandson's that gets in a few hunts with me each year. around here close to home, in N.E.Ga.

Keep Looking Up
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

Prayers...

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I have no words... My grandchildren are babies.
My compassion and prayers are with you friend.

Househounds

Post by Househounds »

Hi Chuck,
Everyone who met him knew Nate was a great one.
Looking forward to this trip as always, but in a different kinda way, and like Rowdy said before we will all be running hounds together again someday :angel: God Bless and see you soon.

And I already bought the donuts. lol :D
[img]http://media5000.dropshots.com/pho ... .jpg[/img]
2016-7th Annual MLK Day Rabbit Hunting Extravaganza