HELP

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hippy

HELP

Post by Hippy »

I have a 3 year Old that is my best Dog--unfortunately due to my work schedule I have not been able to run her this past OFF-SEASON .

Ran her last week for 3 hrs and did not see her in the chase Bumped her and after several attempts --I could tell that she was not moving when I finally got to her she was laying Flat on her belly she would follow for 25-50 ' and down again I carried her bac to the other dogs and after a short while she was up & about.

Figured it was due to her being out of shape--wormed her and ran her again today SAME ISSUE except this time she was running less than 1/2 hour put her bac in the box and continued to hunt. 4 hrs later it is as though nothing happened.
She was also breathing HEAVILY from her mouth both times.
Any idea on what could be causing this ?

Thanx,
Jim
"Today is the 1st DAY,of the rest of your Life"

Rabbit/Hareman123

Re: HELP

Post by Rabbit/Hareman123 »

i would have a vet check her for heart worms.

Welshman

Post by Welshman »

Could be Lymes Disease. I had a dog that had it and I did not know. Took her to vet they tested her blood I believe and discovered it. Medicine did cure her illness but not the back tracking. That dog would be fine one day and off her feed the next. Some of the weirdest symptoms I ever saw in an animal. Take her to vet like the other man suggested. Best of luck with her.

brewer69kennels

Post by brewer69kennels »

I had the same issue with a lab, when she would run a lot or get excited, she would go down with what appeared to be a heat stroke to me, but within a few hours she was fine and showed no symptoms of any kind. She eventually out grew what ever it was and now is a healthy 13 year old, and has not had any issues since she was 3. Good luck

fastone

Post by fastone »

tick disese named erclosis ? Will cause this they can have it for a while and then it pops up when ran
Rabbit Ridge Kennels,home of
RABBIT RIDGE Penny
RABBIT RIDGE Zoey
King Ralph's Dolly

We feed and recommend VICTOR feed.
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

It is called Ehrilichiosis and is a tick born disease. I think I have it spelled right! Google it and you'll find all kinds of info. I have a good friend who has a Walker Coon Hound with it. Dog was acting really odd. Trouble running a track and moving it forward seemed confused and unsettled about settiling in on a tree. When the dog is normal he is an excellent track dog and very accurate lock down tree dog.

Vet put him on Doxy for a month and he returned to normal for a few weeks. Just started showing the same symptoms again in the last 2 weeks.

You can find info about it on the UKC Coon Hound forum as well so I'm told.

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

I had a beagle with it and gave her a month of dox and then checked her blood again a month later still had the antibodies so gave her another month of dox and never had trouble with since but shows a lot of same symptoms.

j.ooten

Post by j.ooten »

Hippy wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:53 pm
I have a 3 year Old that is my best Dog--unfortunately due to my work schedule I have not been able to run her this past OFF-SEASON .

Ran her last week for 3 hrs and did not see her in the chase Bumped her and after several attempts --I could tell that she was not moving when I finally got to her she was laying Flat on her belly she would follow for 25-50 ' and down again I carried her bac to the other dogs and after a short while she was up & about.

Figured it was due to her being out of shape--wormed her and ran her again today SAME ISSUE except this time she was running less than 1/2 hour put her bac in the box and continued to hunt. 4 hrs later it is as though nothing happened.
She was also breathing HEAVILY from her mouth both times.
Any idea on what could be causing this ?
YurI
Thanx,
Jim
Have you found the cause yet? How is she?