Staten's Blue Samurai RIP

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Staten's Blue Samurai RIP

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Heard from my good friend Jonah Staten today the sad news that his Sam dog had passed on at 10 years old.
Sam was sired by World Champion and International Field Champion Greenwell's Reggie and out of Frazier's Big Shot Suzie [a line bred Jiggs female].
Sam was an outstanding rabbit hound with a reputation for reproducing the same. Sam's reputation was not built in the competition arena as he was never field trialed.His was by rabbit hunter's word of mouth as he was bred to over 30+ times.
I've owned a male and a female out of Sam and now have a grand daughter of his.They make old Sam proud.
Sorry for your loss Jonah. He was a good one.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Hare Chaser

Re: Staten's Blue Samurai RIP

Post by Hare Chaser »

My condolences to you Jonah. We've never met but we share a mutual friend in Shadygrove and I've run with his Josie dog out of Sam. Sounds as if Sam left his mark on a number of nice hounds. Always hard to see the good ones leave us.

Topfuel John

Post by Topfuel John »

Sorry for the loss Jonah , I know I much Sam meant to you, He was a nice hound!

Buckeye Bob

Post by Buckeye Bob »

Sad to hear. May Sam’s blood run rabbits for a long time after h is gone.