Mid South Gun Dog Association??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Mid South Gun Dog Association??

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Just received my new issue of Better Beagling magazine. See on page 13 an ad for Mid South Gun Dog Association.
I'm not a field trialer so don't keep up with a lot of the goings on but what's happened here?
Weren't a lot of these clubs in the Mid West and Southern Large Pack Associations? Has there been a split in the Mid West? Is the Mid South a new Association?
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

BCBeagles

Re: Mid South Gun Dog Association??

Post by BCBeagles »

See how many responses you have gotten? See any results posted here anymore?

Club I was a member of(don't have time or interest in them much anymore, trials that is).....now with Mid South....others left also......

Reach out Mike Gibeaut from Southern WV Beagle Club....he will fill you in on their situation. He recently attended a Mid South Trial at Berea, KY.

Shady Grove Beagles

Thanks for responding. I was wondering why no one was posting as I know that many guys go to trials at the clubs that were listed.
Friend of mine from Ky. that goes to a lot of the S.P.O. trials in that area sent me an e-mail and told me that a bunch of folks got tired of the politics that were being played and left the Association.
A young fellow that I know and I ran dogs with his dad for years told me he's avoiding the trials at several of the local clubs where we used to go due to the "buddy systems" in action. Sad state of affairs and people ask me why I don't attend trials anymore.
Lot lass stress sitting on a camp stool and listening to my own dogs and an occasional friend's hounds run.

Ken Yerian

Post by Ken Yerian »

I went down to Brea and had a great time. Seen a lot of old friends and met a lot of new ones. They had 207 entries total. 91 big males, A lot of new comers to the AKC format. Took two days to run the Males off. Judges took their time and gave every dog a good look. There is a lot of info on Face Book . Most I've seen at a AKC Trial sine the 90's when Jessamine Co. had the big turn outs.
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles

Shady Grove Beagles

Thanks for the reply Ken. I heard that they had a huge turn-out. Haven't seen a trial with that many entries since they used to call Jessamine County " The Super Bowl of Beagling".

Ken Yerian

Post by Ken Yerian »

They are off to an outstanding start. They really did a good job of handling that many entries. Despite the hot weather there was some outstanding hound work. Remains to be seen if attendance keeps being that large. Talked to one gentleman from Tenn. that was at his first Trial and he was having a great time. Some guys were running Pkc and they came to see what AKC was all about .Having it on the Holiday weekend probably helped also. I'll definitely attend some more. It had the atmosphere of the Super Bowel . Plan on being back next year with some better dogs.
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles