Dogtra Pathfinder GPS vs the Garmin Alpha

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mdbeagler

Dogtra Pathfinder GPS vs the Garmin Alpha

Post by mdbeagler »

Who has tried the Dogtra Pathfinder how do you like it, and how does it compare to the Garmin Alpha?

T LEE

Re: Dogtra Pathfinder GPS vs the Garmin Alpha

Post by T LEE »

We run the Garmin Alpha . I have not owned the Pathfinder. My I-phone battery will only hold a 5-6 hour
charge with daily use. The phone battery life could be an issue. We were in the U.P running Hare last weekend.
Four out of the six of us have no cell service while up there. I was told you could load maps of and area that you may run.
I wonder if there would be initial link up problems if no service. Just a few questions I had also. Maybe someone with the Pathfinder could answer for us.

ladean2185

Post by ladean2185 »

I got the pathfinder a little over a month ago and can honestly say I like it better than the alpha that I had. The maps are great. I did notice the battery on my phone not last as long but I bought one of the small chargers that's the size of my phone. The only complaint I have is the antenna on the collar is to long for a beagle in my opinion.

mdbeagler

Post by mdbeagler »

Thanks for the replies, I'm sure the battery life is a concern.