Who said going to the in-laws is all bad???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BlueJack

Who said going to the in-laws is all bad???

Post by BlueJack »

I use to not really like going to my mother-in-laws house, not because I don't like my wife's mother, (actually I don't think I could have a better mother-in law), but most of the time when she invites us down she also invites my brother-in-law and his new Brady bunch down also. Now I don't have nothing against them either when its nice weather and they can play outside but for a very small house, when all the yard apes are running wild (mine included) it just gets to me. You know... when you get on one you have to get on them all then I kind of feel uncomfortable getting on kids that aren't mine especially when their parent are in the room and don't say anything. Well, yesterday it hit me like hammer...take the hounds with you...after all my mother-in-law only owns 235 acres. I had a great time watching and listening to the dogs work. Took a gun but never fired a shot, I didn't even feel like breaking the chase. I just sat on top of a big sawdust pile and completely got lost in the moment, forgot about the cold, the wild'uns just across the holler, everything. It was the perfect setting, the perfect hunt. Wife called me on the 2-way radio when supper was ready. WHY DIDN"T I THINK OF DOING THIS EARLIER.....LIKE TWO YEARS AGO.

bowhunter59

GOOD

Post by bowhunter59 »

YEA KEEP THEM INLAWS WITH THE HUNTING PROPERTY LOL !KEEP A RAIN SUIT AND INSULATED COVERALL THERE AT THERE HOUSE SO U CAN GO OUT WHEN U GET HTERE TO FIND UR PEACE WISH I WAS WITH U SOUNDED LIKE A NICE TIME !
god is so good!

BlueJack

Post by BlueJack »

bowhunter, where bouts in Tn you at. I live in Tn also and always welcome a new hunting partner. When deer season ends I got close to 1500+ acres that stretches across three county roads to run dogs on without the fear of some crazy deerhunter shooting them. I know most that hunt all the land and they know me and my dogs but there is also people that hunts it I don't know. Better safe than sorry. Later

bowhunter59

GREAT

Post by bowhunter59 »

SOUNDS GOOD I LIVE IN WINCHESTER IF U KNOW WHERE THAT IS WOULD BE GLAD TO GO AINT SCARED TO DRIVE A LITTLE GOT SOME PRETTY DESCENT DOG I THINK PHONE IS 931-967-6481
god is so good!

BlueJack

Post by BlueJack »

It may be more than a little drive I ain't sure exactly where Winchester is but I'm thinking pretty close to the 'Bama state line. I live in Lafayette near the Tn/Ky line. A little over an hour drive from Nashville. At any rate feel free to shout at me after deer season closes I try to browse the message boards at least every other day.

bowhunter59

looked

Post by bowhunter59 »

i looked on mnap would be about a 2 hr drive after deer season i could do that np will try to hook up i'm on every dayor checking email at least
god is so good!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

BlueJack, Lafayette (pronounced Lafett if your from around there) is not far from my home town of Red Boiling Springs - actually, my kin is in Hermitage Spgs, Moss, and Union Hill areas, but Red Spgs is the closest "big" town, lol!

BlueJack

Post by BlueJack »

Bev, Red Boiling Springs and big town go together like jumbo shrimp. LOL but compared to Hermitage Springs I guess it is big...at least you can blink twice going thru RBS but blink once going thru Hermitage Springs and you missed it. It's really kind of funny though that more people heard of RBS than Lafayette and Lafayette is the county seat. Catch ya later.