known dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bunnytracks

known dogs

Post by bunnytracks »

some of the well known dogs, are out there on the circuit, what are some you know of. meaning exceptionaly good rabbit hunting hounds?

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: known dogs

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Maravic's Romo owned by Vic and Jim Costanza.
Romo has earned his A.K.C. Field Champion title here in the U.S. and just got his 3'rd win up in Canada as he goes for his International Field Champion title.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Newt

Post by Newt »

IMO, " FC" would be well down on the list of requirements for a "good" hunting dog. In fact a trial title would not enter my mind.

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

I agree that the title FC should not be a primary consideration when looking for a good hunting dog. Yet it certainly should not be a disqualifier either. I spoke with Vic Costanza about Romo and he said Romo was first and foremost a hunting dog deluxe. Not to say that every FC is. It's up to the owner of the bitch to do his/her homework on whatever stud they choose to breed to. In the end, the main reason for many to breed to a FC is with the thought that the pups will be more saleable coming from at least one titled parent.

Hubbard84

Post by Hubbard84 »

FCGD Bachman's tuff moon risin
-nose, hunt, independence, patience, mouth

Keeps a rabbit chase going.