Boldstroke

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

WildWonderfulBeagles

Boldstroke

Post by WildWonderfulBeagles »

Looking for some info on Boldstroke bloodline.Whos breeding that line and where?Any and all info would be appreciated. Call
or text. 304-704-5875.

Newt

Re: Boldstroke

Post by Newt »

Its too bad the back pages of the espo board have been lost. About twenty years ago the fellow who established the Boldstroke line, who was in poor health at the time, posted several threads about his dogs. I think he sold out to a beagler in North Carolina. The only dog that I remember showing up often in his pedigrees was "Gay Rocky".
You may have some luck by doing a Google search or Facebook for "Boldstroke".
IMO, dogs that far back in the pedigree are of little consequence.
Good luck!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Last I knew, Gill Davis was up in Maine running patch hounds. He had put on a picture of him with his old Musket hound and was looking for other patch with good nose. I hadn't heard anything from him prior for a long time till then.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

I was in Maine last week running/hunting and have a friend who knew him, sadly Gill passed away a few months ago.

WildWonderfulBeagles

Post by WildWonderfulBeagles »

Thanks for the info fellas.

Eva's Beagles

Post by Eva's Beagles »

When I ran a lot of UKC trials there was a man by the name of Mike Hulce from south west Michigan. He ran heavy Boldstroke breeding. it's been a few years ago. From what I remember they were upper medium speed, lock on track dogs with big noses.
Eva's Beagles