Goodbye Amelia

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mingoman

Goodbye Amelia

Post by mingoman »

I went through a lot of effort to get this girl. Had to hunt quite a bit to find a stud as close to Ellison Ridge Red Man as I did and then there was that drive to London Kentucky after working night shift, but it was worth it.
Amelia was one of 9 pups, but she was my favorite. She started at not quite 4 months old and to me had looks to go along with brains. She was never in a trial and honestly didn't have tons of rabbits shot in front of her, but we spent many hours keeping the rabbits running around here.
About two weeks ago she didn't eat when we got home and I didn't think to much of it till she didn't eat the next day. The vet said she had kidney failure. She tried treating her for a week with no luck.
I ended up putting her down Saturday rather than watch her starve to death. It was pouring down rain on the trip up to my farm where I buried her and I was thinking it couldn't be a worse day to bury her. Well, about 5 minutes after I pulled up to the gate it started snowing like crazy. I felt like the good Lord gave her the best day to go as possible after that. Seldom as good snows are here, I'd always get the girls out when it did.
Goodbye kiddo.
https://youtu.be/UAK0w5cUzYo

Remmy

Re: Goodbye Amelia

Post by Remmy »

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Sometimes the right decisions are hard to make.
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

My condulence. This is always the hardest part of having gundogs. We know the outcome of all in the kennel, but still hurts everytime goes, especially a great one.

mingoman

Post by mingoman »

Thanks. I've got three of her sisters still. If you listened to the video that's Amelia chopping and her sister Bonnie bawling away.

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Sorry man, I have had to do the same with some of my own..

Keep looking Up!

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia