dogs didnt tie while mating

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

new kid on the block

dogs didnt tie while mating

Post by new kid on the block »

is it possible for the female to still get pregnant if her in the male didn't get hung up?

Mike McPherson

Re: dogs didnt tie while mating

Post by Mike McPherson »

pretty unlikely
Hunt-Em-Up Kennels

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

There was a Little Pack Grand Rabbit Champion in middle Tn. some years back that was bred a fair amount.His owner told me in his later years that he couldn't make a successful tie but still was getting them bred. ??
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

I agree with Mike.
If she takes and you get pups, I’d go and buy a lottery ticket!

Newt

Post by Newt »

I remember a popular stud that couldn't tie. His owner would have the bitch's owner hold the bitch. Once the stud made penetration, he would hold him in place for about five minutes. It worked! My buddy's bitch had six pups.

I think Lewis Long's dog, New York Nick, was injured and couldn't make the tie. He got several litters by holding them in place

TRK

Post by TRK »

I had a male rottweiler that sired a litter when he was old without getting tied. There were only three pups in that litter. He had sired two previous litters that had 17 and 18 pups in them. All three litters were by different females. I don't know if not getting tied was the reason for the small litter but I always kind of figured it was. I was surprised she had any at all.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I'm pretty sure you can call Branko and confirm in this scenario there is a distinct high probability of conception confirmed by DNA testing.