Buyer beware

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mybeagles

Buyer beware

Post by mybeagles »

Bill Lott out of Mississippi is a con man. Don’t let the clean cut well spoken front fool you. Paid $1100 to have what was supposed to be a “bad to the bone” female sent to me. She proved to be worthless. Paid an additional $350 to have her shipped back because he agreed to refund my money. That was a year ago. I know better but he has a good spiel.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

ericwaddle3

Re: Buyer beware

Post by ericwaddle3 »

Guessing money was never refunded?
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil
Waddle's Blooming Pixie

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

No, didn’t get anything back. I made a bad situation worse shipping her back. Just hope to help people steer clear of the guy.
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

I got burned by a guy in Louisiana supposed to be a three year old dog, when she got here her face and teeth told a different story. sorry for what happened to you AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

SNOWDOGS1

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

Unfortunately dishonest people ruin just about everything in our society. You try and have a decent outlook on people in general and then the bad apples ruin it and out of caution from being burned you lose any trust in people you don't know. I will only deal with people I know anymore or someone who comes highly recommended by someone I trust. Paid over $1000 on a dog that was advertised by owner and a dog conditioner that had the dog at his place as a powerful front end dog. Rabbit running machine was a description. Paid a transporter to get the dog to me. Dog showed up in terrible health. I did get my money back, but seller refused to take dog back. Ended up stuck with vet bill and dog still couldn't circle a rabbit once healthier. Gave him away. Another time I sold a well bred decent female. Guy wanted her, but didn't have entire amount. He owned an IFC at the time so made a deal for a reduced price and 2 pups out of his IFC. Guy took dog and I never got any pups. Got nothing but excuses from him and then he sold his IFC. This is a buyer beware sport unfortunately. All we can do is learn from our experiences and try not to make the same mistakes again.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Sorry to hear that Dave. Sounds like a good time to plan a family vacation thru Mississippi sometime in the future and make a detour for some remuneration.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I think I’ll pass on a trip to Mississippi....poor memories of Camp Shelby.

Normally I can smell a rat but Billy Slipped through the crack.

If this post stops anyone from dealing with Bill Lott it was worth the effort.
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

I let a Crook, from Up there; I think he lives in Pa.? Not sure but he beat me out of a $600 male a number of years ago! I can't even remember his name, been so long ago.. It stopped me from taking person checks, and Shipping my hounds!

Good to see my Good friend, Likemfast, now that is a Good Ol Boy, I might ship him a hound, but I don't have but One (1) hound that he would be interested in, and it a pup, that is less than a Year old !!

My pup, "Spit" could run with his wind splitters. All Day, and night if he wants to stay for awhile. If my friend Shady Grove from Ten, ever see this he will be calling me.. No "Spit" is Not for Sale, but he done just about, got grown, he is well over the 13'' mark hope he going to Stop at 14" pup is going to be Bad News!!

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Hey Daddy Rabbit
So glad to hear that the "Spitfire" pup is doing so well for you.Hearing some similar comments from ones that have his littermates.
Although I've never lost money on a dog deal I certainly have experienced a ton of frustration when selling a litter of pups.
If folks would just be honest with you and THEMSELVES in regards to purchasing a pup it would make folks be more trustful.
You can't believe how many guys will call and say "I want one of those pups,for sure" and then back out after you've held the pup for 8 weeks.
I've had folks tell me that their dog hauler was on his way and would be there on such and such day and tell you that for a week or more and they never show.
I've never sold a grown running dog to someone I didn't know.They have gone to people that I know and know what they expect and they know me,know the dog and what to expect. All the trial you want here and when he leaves he's their dog.No problems.
It's just hard to know what a person that you are not familiar with is looking for.I sold two male pups 2 years ago to two young men that are all fired up about Little Pack trialing.Just eat up with the whole competition thing.
I went and ran with them when those dogs were around a year old and I thought they were looking pretty darn good and both those boys were telling me how pleased they were with them.At around 15 months old I heard both of these guys were thinking of selling their dogs.I asked why as I thought you were happy with them. Answer" I just don't think he's a competition dog".
One male was sold and shipped to Pa. and within 4 months of getting that dog the guy had made him a field champion,had bred 2 of his females to him and said 'he's never leaving here".
His littermate brother was sold and shipped to a father and son in Va.I called and talked to them and asked how they were liking Rooster. Answer "we absolutely love that dog.We keep 12 hounds and we're going to get rid of some of them now that we've got him".
They bought a pair of males that are litter mates to Daddy Rabbit's "Spit" pup.Call Tim or Jordan Nugent and ask them about what the guy at the starting pen told them about these pups.
I relate this just to say that you can't always satisfy everybody about a hound.Two guys didn't think what they had was what they were looking for and two other guys think they died and went to heaven with their new dogs.
Truth is that some guys that are selling dogs really don't know what they are doing.Don't know what a GOOD hound is supposed to look like.They may be honest - just ignorant.
Other guys are just plain dishonest.They still may not know much about hounds and performance but they don't care.It's just a shuck and jive hustle for them.
Mybeagles,sure sorry to hear that. Hope you find the hound you are looking for.
Last edited by Shady Grove Beagles on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I can live with a dog not being as described, what’s tough is when you pay $350 to ship it back for an agreed upon refund of dog price and they lead you on for a year.

Fortunately, most of the guys I’ve traded with through the years were good honest people. Not always exactly what I wanted but in the end a usable dog. I would like to assume that guys selling junk often do so out of ignorance of what a good dog is. When they follow up with a pile of lies or excuses it then becomes clear of initial malicious intent.

If I could just get over this obsession with owning top notch beagles this foolishness would never happen. No shortcuts, you have to train those pups....
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Lottie

Post by Lottie »

First of all let’s get all the facts correct. Sold the gyp for 800. Stayed up front that the gyp was bad soft and out of shape and hadn’t been run since having pups. Never was there a “trial” on the gyp. Never ever said bad to the bone. Told how the gyp was up front. The gyp had very foot and stayed busy. Had a huge range which I didn’t like. She is off Bradleys Rebel 2 and terry Bradley knows what I told him about the gyp when I was running her. I do agree that the gyp is nothing like she was before having pups. Never had one that had pups and never was the same after but this one is.
Yes we had a agreement on a partial refund and I have not met that agreement. I apologized for the delay in refunding and will meet my part of the agreement. The reason Dave contacted me was because of my reputation. I have had dogs for 40 years and I understand completely about dogs. Sorry this came to a guy thinking he needed to publicly humiliate someone. That shows character as well.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity !

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

I had a buddy that went through countless high dollar dogs from all over. He use to try them with me, not a single one of them would I have fed and he didn't either for long. I remember him calling me exited. he had drove to Kentucky and picked up a dog wanted to cut her loose. She hung with the dogs. I told him to give her a few trips, you know strange dogs, strange people. he carried a couple more times with me. She did about the same. He asked me what I thought, I said she is a pack dog, so so hunt, stayed in pack. she hadn't jumped a rabbit, hadn't gotten any check and had no idea where the front of the chase was. He ask me what I would give for her and being the honest person I am I said she isn't enough dog for me to feed. He didn't run her with me anymore, he could have but he chose not to. He later told me he gave 1000 dollars for her. That was after he gave her away because all she ran for him by herself was a couple foxes. My advice don't spend your money without seeing the dog on the ground unless you know who you're buying from. The most I have ever paid for dog 300 dollars. After all it is just a dog, I could spend that money at the beach or the mountains with the wife, kids and grandkids.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Aubrey Holcombe wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:49 am

Good to see my Good friend, Likemfast, now that is a Good Ol Boy, I might ship him a hound, but I don't have but One (1) hound that he would be interested in, and it a pup, that is less than a Year old !!

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
Now Mr Holcombe, I’ve been watching those updates on Spit and I know your high on that pup, so I will let you hang onto him for a year or two :lol:

10 days ago, my best hound, somehow managed to do ligament damage to both hind legs. $8000 for corrective surgery, which isn’t gonna happen. It’s gonna be a rough year in this part of PA, but we’ll as you say “ keep looking up”. Nothing bad happens to the culls.

I will try and give you a call in the near future, it’s been a while since we’ve talked. Take care and will talk soon.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Well, I got a only pup and I'm naming her "Chew Tobacco" so when I can run with Daddy Ribbit, they'll yell, "here comes Chew Tobacco and she's got Spit running off her tail! ...LOL
This little ameba of a hound has growled at me one day and loved up on me the next licking the salt off my neck from the days work and scrambling from my hands winding the food pale and inhaling till her sides swelled. Eating at month old, I think she came into this world with a full set of teeth...lol

Sorting through people is liken to judging hounds, some can fool you but when you get to know a really good one, the search was worth it...

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Dana I wish you had been with me this morning. Hot and dry, running was tough but they tried. My buddy and I ran 10 dogs, we jumped 3 rabbit's, Dan jumped all 3. He just keeps getting better and better Dana. Real nice male dog for 2.5 years old buddy.