First and Hopefully last experience with PAWS

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

S.R.Patch

First and Hopefully last experience with PAWS

Post by S.R.Patch »

Got my hound back, collar missing and scheduled for spay and adoption all within a week... :angryfire:

Aubrey Holcombe

Re: First and Hopefully last experience with PAWS

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Mr. Patch"

Explain, what is PAWS ?

When you said you got your hound back, and was missing the collar, what happen?

How is " Chew Tobacco " doing ?

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

scrubkennels

Post by scrubkennels »

PAWS = mental. Not all but most feel we are abuseing our dogs. By making them chase game, and it inflicts fear on the game we are chasing.

warddog

Post by warddog »

S.R.Patch wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:34 pm
Got my hound back, collar missing and scheduled for spay and adoption all within a week... :angryfire:
Was this in your neck of the woods?

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

In other words Bunch of B.S. !!!

Thanks for the explanation, you ever thought about moving to Ga we don't have no such nonsense, well at this time anyway??

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :bash:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

My hound was training her two pups and got away from them. I looked for two days when some folks along the road said they had saw her. I had 5 homes along the road watching for her and I was searching every morning after work. My daughter told me to call the paws to see if they had her but no one there to answer the phone. They had a website with pictures of dogs they had, but not mine. Finally, Friday I called again and got an answer and told the lady about my hound, she said, we may have your hound, can you describe it. Sex, colour and age all matched so she said come in an verify it's your hound.
A Mr Jones found her along the road and I'm very grateful he picked her up, but in my simple way of thinking, I would have thought he would have checked with the houses along the road in case it was one of their hounds instead of taking her all the way into town (I don't know what happened to my collar). The lady at paws said they had her scheduled to be spayed and adopted Wednesday and the lady was going to be so disappointed to not get my hound. She was adamant about me keeping the appointment to have her spayed and I told her, sorry no. She was very bold, telling me intact bitches get bred and learning she was a rabbit hound, she was probably kept in a cage and felt she was in Heaven to have gotten away from me. I had never been judged or reprimanded by a total stranger before, and coming from a lady all I could do was stand there dumbstruck.
I paid her a fee and suggested to her that maybe her first priority should be to try to find the owner of lost animals if she really cared about animal welfare. When I see an animal as she described, "beautiful and the sweetest thing", I don't think of the animal being neglected or unhappy. It became obvious we were from two different worlds, so I thanked her and went about re-acclimating my hound to outside life, they keep that place air conditioned and it had to be 60 deg in there.
I got the old tattoo pliers out and started tattoo again, a collar alone won't work if it can be disposed of.... Notice, your beagles are wonderful animals and it seems pounds my have a waiting list for them as mine was to be spayed and re-homed all in the span of a week with no picture of her on the website to try to let the owner know she'd been found and there was no need to keep looking over God's green acres for your animal.
Good luck to all of you...

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

warddog wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:30 am
S.R.Patch wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:34 pm
Was this in your neck of the woods?
Hi Ken, yes and we have a beagle club, a bird hunters club and a coon hunters club... a community of hunting, but the misguided kooks are still among us...

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Some years ago I had sold two pups to Greg Hooper here in east Tn.I had called Greg when the pups were about 8 months old to see how they were turning out.He said they were doing great and he was very pleased with them.
I called again when they were about 1 1/2 years old and Greg told me a story very similar to S.R. Patch's.
Greg had the female and another dog get out of their pen and go hunting.The other dog eventually came back but the female stayed out.Greg looked for her daily,put posters up around the area and checked with all the folks around his place.
After a week or so he got a call from a friend who had seen an add in the local paper about someone who had found a beagle.Greg called the paper and got the ladies address and called her. Yes,she'd had the dog but had taken it to the animal shelter.
Greg went to the animal shelter and there was his dog. They'd already spayed her and wanted to interview Greg to see if he was a suitable owner and he would have to pay $100.00 adoption fee for his own dog !!
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

warddog

Post by warddog »

What a crock that people can take control of an animal they do not own without having to go through some legal process to find the actual owner within a reasonable time frame. I wonder what would transpire if a farmer had a prize winning cow, bull, horse, sheep, pig or rooster just happen to get out of the fence and someone caught it, neutered him and gave him to someone else. I suspect there would be a law suit for damages! I realize this did not happen but was just a day or so away. IF these kooks were actually concerned about the well being of an animal they would spend the time trying to find the owner rather than take it upon themselves to dictate what happens to someone else's property.

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

Don't like this crap, don't vote for liberals!
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

barnold1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:55 am
Don't like this crap, don't vote for liberals!
I agree with you. But it seems she is a liberal Republican and my conservative friends at work think she should be excused because she is a "sweet elderly woman" that doesn't mind taking from others just to have her way.
Sometimes the double standard is so thick, that words don't mean crap.
I'm checking to see if the woman who wanted to adopt my hound name was Mrs. Jones. Nothing about this has seemed right to me and everything was moving way to fast and under the radar to be reasonable...imho

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

MIROCHIP'S , very cheep insurance . I sold a pup to a guy in west TN several years back , he ask me to microchip him which I did . About 3 years later I got a call from that counties animal shelter and the lady said we have your dog . I begin to question her cause I knew all my hounds were in their kennel , after about 15 minutes of talking and figuring out they were in the western part of TN , and her providing me with the chip number , I looked up that chip number called her back with the contact # of the guy I sold him to . I also called him and told him where his hound was , he called me 2 days later that he had his hound … happy ending .
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Don't mean to start an arguement but if they think it's ok in any fashion to take someone elses property they are not conservative. I am glad you got your dog back. I had that happen to me and my boy with one his deer beagles years ago. The women's husband called me, when I got there she said she didn't like hunters and I told her in front of her husband and her little BOY I bet no worse than I dislike a thief.