The American Beagler Facebook page

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bev
Site Admin

The American Beagler Facebook page

Post by Bev »

Just giving you all a heads up that there is a Facebook page using the name The American Beagler. It is not affiliated in any way with me or this forum; Danny Vansickle decided he would start a trash talking group on FB, post inappropriate content (as you might expect) and use the name I've been associated with for 20 years to do it. As far as I know, the Ridenhours are still printing the magazine as well, and they wouldn't appreciate the filth on there either. I've asked him to make a change to the name but he refuses to do so.

Thank you - Merry Christmas - carry on!

Bev
Site Admin

Re: The American Beagler Facebook page

Post by Bev »

Update. He changed it to The North American Beagler, which is dangerously close to my other website, but whatever. :roll:

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Hi Bev
Hope all is well with you.
I recently was invited to join the American Beagler Face Book page.I had no idea that it was not affiliated with your original site.
As you know I've remained a faithful reader / poster on the forum for years and have always enjoyed it and still do.I 'm disappointed that not many are using it these days and always appreciated the fact that you as owner / moderator had oversight of it and did your best to keep it civil.
I go on beagle sites because I'm in to beagles ! I'm not interested in guy's and gal's drug habits / usage,whether they are gay or suspected to be gay,whether they cheat on their wives,girlfriends or guy friends when they go to a field trial, how much alcohol they consumed at the strip club,slandering each other and their dogs and all the other STUPID yada,yada,yada that folks seem to have nothing better to occupy their time with.
I've only been signed on to the American Beagler F.B. page for a week now and that's about a week too long. And just my 2 cents worth but The Check Area 2 is dangerously close in to slipping in to the same mind set of gossip,slander,sex and drug talk,crude humor,etc.,etc.
Lets keep it about the hounds and the sport and take your other "trash talk" to your private chat rooms if that's what does it for you.
As always JMHO.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

I know, Shady Grove. I think a lot of people on there thought is was a new iteration of this board. I doubt they stay long.

As far as using this more and talking dogs, I urge everyone to continue posting here. The benefit of the posts staying, and the ability to search for them later is well worth it. We've had some pretty fantastic history take place on this board. Perhaps I need to update the forum headers?

Anyway, I'm glad you still check in, and I encourage all serious Beaglers to do so. I may not have dogs right now, but the love is still there. :check:

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

I'm not on fb and never plan to be, I check this site daily.

Welshman

Post by Welshman »

I also check this site daily and as I have posted before, thank you very much for all you do to keep this site going. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

warddog

Post by warddog »

Bev, I also agree 100% with Shady grove and I also stay posting on here as well. I've been on this forum for 17 years and got to pick up on several posters on here. It was pretty easy to know those who had some real knowledge via experience from years of hunting hounds and those who made a few trails and thought they knew it all. I have told many that when Daddy Rabbit speaks, I LISTEN as he as well as Shady grove are E.F. Huttons. I'm down to my last two dogs and they are getting up on age and are both 10 years old so my hunting running is pretty limited but I do enjoy reading what others have to say on this board. I also do have a FB account but use that to communicate with my relatives who all live out of town from me and will not get on there in the middle of all the BS spewed on FB. Thank you for providing us ole timers some enjoyment of talking about the dogs, period!

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Merry Christmas Bev!

I just read this post. Pity that someone decided to ride the coat tails of this site, and in such a reported manner. Be that as it may, now that I'm back from Alaska, it may soon be time for me to get back into beagles and posting here. : )

NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Remember when we would have "live threads" where everyone planned to be on the board at a certain time and date? I think we had over 200 people at a time now and then. If you think about it, we were Facebook before Facebook was Facebook. I started the board in 2001, and Chris installed a newer version for me in about 2003 or 2004. We've been talking dawgs for almost 20 years on here!

So glad to see that many of you still drop in. :bigsmile:

Newt

Post by Newt »

Merry Christmas Bev. I appreciate you and others who have contributed to the board. I hope all have a happy and blessed New Year.

intrepid

Post by intrepid »

Thanks for getting me set up Bev. How you been Swampman & Wardog? Still have Ruby she is up there in age. Had a litter of pups. Still running.

warddog

Post by warddog »

intrepid wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:51 pm
Thanks for getting me set up Bev. How you been Swampman & Wardog? Still have Ruby she is up there in age. Had a litter of pups. Still running.
I have been wondering how you have been. Yes Ruby is like my two I have that are both over 10 years old now. I have a littermate to ruby and another female that is bred a lot like her with more Round Pound in her. I wish I had gotten one of them bred and haven't been able to catch either in heat. What is your litter bred like? The time has gotten away from me and my dogs and I may be on my last two.

intrepid

Post by intrepid »

I bred her to my Branko male. There about a year and 8 months now. Doing good.

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Yes Bev, I remember us doing the live threads. It was a hoot! Some of my favorite "social media" time spent remains the time here. In fact, I was just marveling over the fact that I joined this site November 21, 2002. Holy moly if my math is right, 17 years? Is that really possible? I'll bet there are not many other sites that can proclaim to have had members around that long.

PS. Happy happy happy! My wife ordered me brand new briar jacket and bibs. Time for this ole hillbilly to get a beagle and get back in shape.

NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

I also prefer this site to the facebook stuff too.