Where is everyone

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

baj

Where is everyone

Post by baj »

Where is everyone, is there a different forum that everybody has switched to. Should be a lot of beaglers with a little more time to spend talking or selling beagles

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Where is everyone

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

There are other sites where you can get beagle talk or are supposed to. I've found that some of the Face Book sites are kind of gossipy,spending a lot of their time sniping at each other,talking crap about beagles past and present,their drug and alcohol use, the size of their equipment, how much cheating goes on in all formats,how the judges suck, strip clubs,it's all politics,etc.,etc.
At least whoever runs this site keeps that stuff pretty much under control -- that's probably why there's not that much activity here.
They're probably too busy watching the Tiger King or something else equally entertaining.
As always JMHO
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

baj

Post by baj »

There is enough junk on tv without having to read it online. Thanks, Just been a while since i was on here and really enjoyed all the great talk about beagles, and beagles for sale. Learned a lot from many great beaglers. Looking for a forum that i could read and discuss like it use to be. Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

still here thinking about the glory days of this board...lol
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

i still visit every morning
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

Norshore

Post by Norshore »

Check in every day as well...

warddog

Post by warddog »

I am on this site everyday and have been for about 18 years. There still are some guys that have been on here as long or longer that have the experience and knowledge to tell it like it is rather than the scoop of the day that one gets on FB kind of posts. I love the posts from who I call E.F. Huttons as they have actually been there, seen that and done that over many years from all angles of beagling and not merely the hype of the day in the trial circuit. A lot of us have been just plain ole rabbit hunters from the day we were old enough to pack a gun to the field from jump shooting because our family could not afford to own a dog until the time we learned how GREAT it was to have one. Nothing wrong with trials as I have also been there, done that and seen it all when doing so with the coon hounds but there seems to be a distinct difference for a lot when the pencils and score cards come out over the gun and the game bag. Years ago it was about getting that limit and today it is about just seeing and hearing that little dog do it's thing.

kwolf

Post by kwolf »

I too check this site daily . I have not yet joined Facebook , not interested in the gossip that goes on there . Everyone keep safe , run your hounds , we will get thru this pandemic with Gods grace!!

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

I check here everyday as well, I don't do facebook and never plan to.

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

Still working, thank goodness.
I always check on the site couple times a week.

I do miss some of the old members who moved on, or are just slowing down.,such as daddy rabbit, deeerhost, track em down Joey, butch Keene. I can go on.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Welshman

Post by Welshman »

I have not been a member of this board anywhere near as long as most of you but I check it pretty much daily. I started rabbit hunting with my dad and brothers back in 1969 when mom and dad first bought the farm in Northeast Ohio. I also do not watch Facebook nor have any desire to. Hope all are well and enjoying good dogs.

pztrailman

Post by pztrailman »

I am here everyday too.

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

I also check this site daily and like swampman, I don't do Facebook nor do I have any desire to.

Be safe

Beagle Huntsman

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

I check daily too. Seems like Shady Grove is keeping this one going (Thanks Dana). You guys might want to check the rabbitdogs.net forum. There are a lot of good guys on that one.

TallPaul

Post by TallPaul »

Yup facebook, it's instant- instant interaction, signs of the time. Not liking a lot of the facebook pages. Too many posts that are non dog related right now. At least here, there's a separate page for everything. If I'm going to browse on what's going on in the beagle world. I don't want to see peoples views on politics or conspiracy. I want to know which female and male beagles are a once in a life time hounds, how someones pups are doing, kennel ideas, good quality dog food etc....

There once was a huge thread on here about legendary hounds people had judged or watch. The thread had some 20+ pages to it. Anybody else remember the thread?
Beagling is not a science, just an opinion!