Where is everyone

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Rabbithoundjb

Re: Where is everyone

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

I too try and check in 2 or 3 times a week.

steve w

Post by steve w »

Your post baj prompted me to make a few, I also wish this site was more like it was and have not found much to replace it. I remember the post you talk of Tall Paul, was a lot of good info in that one.

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

See if you can get him to post that Tall Paul one again,, it may have been before, mos of our time ?

I loved this old web sight I am on here at least one a day.. talk with the shady Grove. Mr Dana Robertson. he is what I call a real Gun Hunter, he let Me have a B.T.Pup about a year ago,, he i making a #1 Gun Dog..

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :check:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Beagle Huntsman
Thanks for the kind words,much appreciated.
I too remember when this board had everybody and their brother who had an interest of any kind of beagling was on it and Bev kept the "riff raff and trash talking off it.
Listen to some of the trash talk going on some of the Face Book beagling sites and it makes you wonder...............
I started the "Run to Catch" thread a couple of years ago with a single question and that thread has just kept rolling along. I'd like to see others offer more input on this board and maybe now we'll see a rebirth with so much time on our hands. LOL
This board has been like an old friend and I like others check it daily. I post on here frequently, not because I have nothing else to do. I thoroughly enjoy the discussions and exchange of ideas and YES ! The possibility of learning something new.
Plus I like to write. It's a natural inclination.
For eight years I wrote a monthly column for the Bluetick Breeders and Coon Hunter's Association in Full Cry Magazine.
Over the years I wrote several stories / articles in B.B.C.H.A's annual yearbook referred to as the Blue Book.
For twenty years I was listed as a contributing field editor for Better Beagling Magazine under two owners ;Bob and Pearl Baker and Ralph and Sara Harrington and wrote numerous articles for that magazine.
It's just something I enjoy and being retired well,there's time to do it.
Tall Paul
There was a thread started by Ralph Harrington on the Better Beagling web page back when he owned Better Beagling magazine. He called it "Legends of the Round Table" I believe. It went on for many pages and months and had some of the best historical and good old "died-in-the-wool" hunter's recollections. Butch Keene,Dick Doyle and others of note were regular contributors and knew what they were talking about. Loved following that discussion and all the rabbit trails it went down and would love to see that kind of participation on this board.
Love talking with Daddy Rabbit.When a 80 year old life long rabbit hunter,trialer and P.P. Hall of Famer talks about the sport. I LISTEN !
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Been here since November, 2002. Holy smoke where did all that time go? Hope to see this site come alive again. Maybe we need an online family reunion, like the old days when we all signed on at the same time. : )
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

TallPaul

Post by TallPaul »

Shady Grove Beagles wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:01 pm

Tall Paul
There was a thread started by Ralph Harrington on the Better Beagling web page back when he owned Better Beagling magazine. He called it "Legends of the Round Table" I believe. It went on for many pages and months and had some of the best historical and good old "died-in-the-wool" hunter's recollections. Butch Keene,Dick Doyle and others of note were regular contributors and knew what they were talking about. Loved following that discussion and all the rabbit trails it went down and would love to see that kind of participation on this board.
Love talking with Daddy Rabbit.When a 80 year old life long rabbit hunter,trialer and P.P. Hall of Famer talks about the sport. I LISTEN !
Yes That was it, sorry I thought it was on here. Thanks Shady
Beagling is not a science, just an opinion!

ericwaddle3

Post by ericwaddle3 »

Best thing I’ve read in awhile. Lol
Shady Grove Beagles wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:38 pm
There are other sites where you can get beagle talk or are supposed to. I've found that some of the Face Book sites are kind of gossipy,spending a lot of their time sniping at each other,talking crap about beagles past and present,their drug and alcohol use, the size of their equipment, how much cheating goes on in all formats,how the judges suck, strip clubs,it's all politics,etc.,etc.
At least whoever runs this site keeps that stuff pretty much under control -- that's probably why there's not that much activity here.
They're probably too busy watching the Tiger King or something else equally entertaining.
As always JMHO
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil
Waddle's Blooming Pixie

RiverBottom

Post by RiverBottom »

I must be looking at the wrong sites on face book, I haven't seen what you guys are talking about. What I see are lots of videos of dogs running rabbits and a few good discussions about beagles. I guess I'm kind of a no BS guy. I read some of these posts about the great old dogs and they are fun to read but I don't believe a word of it. If they had smartphones back then and you saw videos of these "great dogs" running what you would see is just average dogs. If I'm wrong show me.

Now days everyone (but me) has a video camera in their pocket and can upload that video to face book right from the woods. You can go there and watch hundreds of real dogs running real rabbits, no BS.

I also look at Instagram. Not much beagle stuff yet but I have seen so many videos of hounds with mountain lions bayed up lately that I'm almost tired of seeing it. There was a video posted yesterday of a beagle catching a hare, posted by a guy that used to post on these boards. There is another site on there called reall nature that you just have to see to believe. Lots of pictures and videos of real nature, not the Disney kind. One that stays with me was of a wolf somewhere in the western US running with an angus calf in it's mouth. It jumped a fence, crossed the road and jumped another fence easy as can be without dropping that calf. I've had wolves kill my dogs, found where one was killed right after they did it and followed their tracks a long ways, never found my dog. I'm sure they just picked him up and ran off somewhere they could eat him in peace without some pissed off rabbit hunter chasing them. Now I've seen them do it with an angus calf. Beagle would be no trouble at all.
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Mr.River Bottom:

Enjoy your post, but I just thought we have Problems with the coyotes, bob cats, hawks and owls down here in the South!

Your Post about the wolves, caught my attention ! This old man, would be afraid to get out my truck, up that way!!

Keep Looking Up.
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

RiverBottom
I'm not pointing a finger at any one site on F.B. but if you see it you'll know it.Right now there is a picture of a simulated women's bare breasts and a simulated [ I surely hope ] penis. And this is a beagle /rabbit hunting/trialing site. Need I say more???
Like yourself,I DON'T have a video camera in my back pocket and could possibly be one of the few people on the planet that has never taken or been in a "selfie".
I'll quote you " everyone can upload that video to face book from the woods.You can go there and watch hundreds of real dogs running real rabbits,no BS.
Better be very careful in what you believe about the accuracy of all these "real dogs running real rabbits" videos. They can be edited to show you only what they person recording it wants you to see.Do you think that popping off,pulling way out of a check area,skirting cover,standing around waiting for another dog to strike,going the wrong way,etc. are going to be shown? Maybe yes,maybe no.
You can believe the stories about those great old dogs and the videos about today's hounds if you you're getting them from someone you can trust.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

bluetickbeagle

Post by bluetickbeagle »

Been here for 11 years in August. Don’t post a lot anymore just browsing.
ridgerunninbeagles.tripod.com

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

New York Hillbilly wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:56 am
Been here since November, 2002. Holy smoke where did all that time go? Hope to see this site come alive again. Maybe we need an online family reunion, like the old days when we all signed on at the same time. : )
NYH
Boy, I remember those days! We would set a day and a time (wasn't it on a Wed or Thurs?) and everyone would log onh. It was like a live thread. I think we set a "members online" record that hasn't been beat since.

If you want to try a weekly reunion log-on, set a date and time an we can try it again. I'd love to hear what everyone's up to.

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

i use a go pro to video hounds in the woods unedited. i upload on my page on facebook. there is generally no real dog talk on facebook
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON