Looking for Shooter/ Ranger Dan blood

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TVE1998

Looking for Shooter/ Ranger Dan blood

Post by TVE1998 »

Looking to purchase a female pup from this line. I lost my male to a bear with cubs this past hunting season. I was lucky to have bred him a couple years back and get a few good pups, my buddies male is exceptional. I would like to get a female that lines up good with him. The male I lost was out of a shooter/shoreacres male and butkis female. I tried green bay kennels, his female didn't come into heat this spring. I would appreciate any leads.
Thanks

SNOWDOGS1

Re: Looking for Shooter/ Ranger Dan blood

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

Paul, sorry to hear about Copper. Have lost numerous dogs to bear over the years. They can be a big problem for houndsmen with beagles where they are plentiful. Useless killing machines. I sent you an email with some info on where there is some of that bloodline in NY. Maybe he can point you in the right direction on a litter out of his FC male he has up for stud. It's worth a shot anyway. Good luck.

TVE1998

Post by TVE1998 »

Thanks Jeff, I'm thinking of hunting bear for the first time this year.

warddog

Post by warddog »

That breeding is what I had in my kennels for years. I have let it get away from me over the past years when the owner of Shooter stopped studding him to the public. I had been to Adam's a couple times to breed to Shooter and then to Renegade when Adam no longer studded Shooter. I only have one female left that is 12 years old now and never been bred so I'm afraid I have lost my breeding. Good luck in finding some to keep it going. Mine also had Round Pond in them as well and lined up really well.

TVE1998

Post by TVE1998 »

THANKS FOR THE REPLY, NOT HAVING MUCH LUCK COMING UP WITH ANYTHING. FEMALES ARE TUFF TO PRY AWAY IT SEEMS. I HAVE A NICE FEMALE OUT OF HIM AS WELL, AND I SEE THERE ARE SOME STUDS OUT THERE AVAIBLE. HOPEFULLY I CAN FIND SOMETHING LATER TO BLEND IN.

THANKS

warddog

Post by warddog »

I tried to find something a couple years ago and found nothing. I'm sending you a Pm

SNOWDOGS1

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

Paul, I sent you PM with some contact info that may lead you to someone with what you're looking for. Good luck.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Paul,

I had those hounds with Shooter close and multiple crosses. My buddies in PA still have the hounds that I had and several other really nice hounds.

Call Gary, he has pups now and likely has male pups that will be sold. Out of outstanding hunting stock...not just pedigrees.

thanks!

TVE1998

Post by TVE1998 »

THANK, I WILL