question

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: question

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I've been wearing the Bean 10' hunting boot for years and love them. Super comfortable.
But I also have many places where I hunt that I need a rubber boot too.
One caution I might add about the "duck boots" hunting here in Tn. and that is a Locust thorn will go right through the sole of them. Have had that happen twice. Not fun.
P.S. And those Bean boots ARE still made right there in Maine.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

steve w

Post by steve w »

If you want American Made here ya go https://schnees.com/schnees-boots/schnees-pac-boots/ just don't forget to get your wallet out. That's why China got their hooks in us so deep, most won't pay more for made in America. As far as Mucks go wear chaps and you'll probably do alright,tuck your pants in the boot and no chaps and you'll tear em' right up.Never had problems with the sole.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

I may try a pair of those down the road, I’m willing to pay more for American made.

mundellm

Post by mundellm »

Muck boots were sold Honeywell and the internet is full of complaints (like always)

Anyhow, the original owner started a new company

https://dryshodusa.com/about-dryshod/our-story/

warddog

Post by warddog »

I believe the old Northerner boots is now Service Northerner and is a subsidiary of Honeywell as well. I still have a par of these old ones that I have had for decades. Not very warm to still hunt in but were pretty warm when w3alking rabbit hunting. They seemed to suck down onto your feet and had to have a boot jack to get them off. I will not be wearing my new Muck boots in any thick stuff from what I read here.

steve w

Post by steve w »

Swampman wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:45 pm
I may try a pair of those down the road, I’m willing to pay more for American made.
Swampman if you value comfort you'll not only buy American made but get the most comfortable boot of that type your money can buy in my opinion. If you keep an eye on em' they will be on sale sooner or later. If your a fan of wool their Duckworth stuff is pretty nice as well. American sheep too, :)

intrepid

Post by intrepid »

I've had mucks,and if you hunt in briars,or just hunt alot they don't last. Plus there is not much ankle support, I found that out the hard way last month when I broke my ankle last month.