Dog Owners Little Black Book.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

intrepid

Dog Owners Little Black Book.

Post by intrepid »

I was just wondering if anyone had one of these books they would be willing to part with? I guess the only way to get it now is to download on computer. Would like hard copy,or paperback doesn't matter. Thanks.

Aubrey Holcombe

Re: Dog Owners Little Black Book.

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

i NEVER seen a little black book ?

Could you elaborate, a bit more on this book ?

Seems that I may need one, for sure I only been in these Beagle Hounds for about 70 years, and lurn something new everyday ?

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>Rabbit Town, USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>? :check:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

warddog

Post by warddog »

I believe Intrepid is asking for "THE dog owner's Little Black book written by John A. Koemer II and not "A" little black book. The only place I have seen it is to be downloaded on Amazon, for quite some time. It was a HOT BOOK at one time and evidently those that have or got it do not want to depart with them.

ericwaddle3

Post by ericwaddle3 »

I tried a couple years ago to find one. Had zero luck.
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil
Waddle's Blooming Pixie

intrepid

Post by intrepid »

Yeah I was talking about book by John A. Koerner. I have one but wanted to buy one for a friend. Been looking and seems like there's none to be had.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Dan,
Don’t mean to change the subject, but wanted to say congrats on how well your hound is doing in the trials. Hope you can finish him, good luck!

Wish I could get the time to get the hounds in shape for trials, just isn’t in the cards right now.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I have a friend that has a copy. I read most of it when I was at his house getting one of my females bred several years ago.
It's not a beagle book but a GREAT read with a ton of good info. for any dog man.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

intrepid

Post by intrepid »

Thank you so much Rowdy that means alot to me. Alot of hours and work went into him. You know what it takes.Yeah I've been looking for you at the trials. I see Jim once in awhile, he's been really doing good.

warddog

Post by warddog »

intrepid wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:04 pm
Thank you so much Rowdy that means alot to me. Alot of hours and work went into him. You know what it takes.Yeah I've been looking for you at the trials. I see Jim once in awhile, he's been really doing good.
Dan, Good to hear you are doing well. What are you hunting these days. I hope you kept something out of Rose as I didn't and am now out of that line. I failed to get her littermate sister bred and you know her age. Sent you a pm but guess you didn't get it.

intrepid

Post by intrepid »

How you been Ken? I bred Rudy 1 time,and got 4 pups one died. I kept 1 but sold him to a friend. I'm running a mixed bag....Ranger Dan,Yang,and some Blue Bay. Getting a pup in alittle while that has Ranger Dan top and bottom. I see a message,but for some reason it won't that me see it.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Good to hear from you Dan. Glad you are keeping the Ranger dan line and I wished I had got my female bred when she was younger. I have gotten calls from guys in New York wanting to know if I still had those lines. Wish I had kept up with them as I am about ourt of beagles and have gotten a squirrel dog to play with. Good luck, my friend.