Fencing in acreage?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sgc

Fencing in acreage?

Post by sgc »

What’s an approximate cost to fencing in,say, 20 acres?

kenjames

Re: Fencing in acreage?

Post by kenjames »

I have been watching to follow this post and have been disappointed at no responses. So here goes, I was doing a little shopping myself and came up with the materials costing over $13 Grand with no labor or fence clearing expense. The good wire is a little salty to say the least, and hard to find. I wish you the best in your under taking. Ken
Camp Hill Kennels: Home to Lemon and White Beagles

R. Dana Robinson

Post by R. Dana Robinson »

Thirty years ago I bought enough apron wire fencing plus the same number of short rolls to add for top fencing to make a six foot fence to fence approximately 7-8 acres. I can't remember how many rolls it was but remember paying $1,500.00 for the wire at that time.
Then there was the cost of some iron T posts,hog rings,U nails, gate building materials and of course the labor to clear all around the perimeter and erect the fence. I never used any top wire to give extra support for the fencing to hang from or to keep the fence strong enough from collapsing when trees or branches fell on it. I'd highly recommend that you do that. Beagle club I belonged to in N.H. had a contact in the phone company and were able to acquire a couple miles of old telephone cable that had been salvaged from an old line not in use anymore. That cable could support a pretty good size tree laying on the fence.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Check out Random Farms Beagles in VA. He has recently opened several starting pens and from his photos. If he will can tell you cost and suppliers .
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"