You spent how much?? On dog collars??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

women

Post by Guest »

You know my wife used to raise all kinda cane over every dog I bought but anymore she doesnt say a word I buy all the dogs and eq. I want course the child support is killing me :lol:

snowshoehareguide

collars

Post by snowshoehareguide »

tracking box gps shock collars radios flashlight all take rechargeable batteries have to lug in and out of house have to recharge. if the power goes out ,cant hunt, pete

edward young

Post by edward young »

WELL GUYS I ALWAYS TELL MY WIFE THAT ITS FOR THE KIDS TO TRAIN AND TRAIN THERE DOGS WITH OR I BOUGHT THIS PUP FOR THE GIRLS THE OTHER DAY I BOUGHT A BLUETICK MALE AND TOLD HER IT WAS HERS BUT OFCOURSE SHE DID NOT BELEAVE ME AND NOW SHE TELLS ME IF I WANT SOMETHING I HAVE TO WORK OVERTIME TO GET IT :cry: :cry: :cry: AND WE ALL KNOW THAT TAKES ALL OF YOUR HUNTING TIME AWAY RIGHT

:) EDWARD YOUNG ;) [/img][/u][/b]

NC Beagler

Post by NC Beagler »

Thanks for all the great ideas. I've learn that I can't play games w/ my wife - - she is just too smart for me (lol). Best to just come out w/ the truth upfront! Well, I did take her out to eat and talked sweet to her and all that stuff, but here is what did it.

Went rabbit hunting Sat. AM and took three dogs - two that I needed to break from deer running and one named ole Lucy (my wife's absolute favorite) who I "thought" was deer broke. Well, I didn't have a collar on ole Lucy (remember I bought the 2 dog system) and before too long she did jump and ran a deer out of hearing range.

I hunted on w/ the two dogs w/ collars and then loaded up and headed home w/out Lucy. I left a dog box at the drop point for her. Well, my wife couldn't stand leaving ole Lucy out there so between Sat. evening and Monday morning we make 5 trips out there to look for Lucy. I just kept saying, "man I wished I'd had a collar on her!!" We found her this morning - two miles from the drop point. She was found sleeping on the porch of some friendly folks. Thank God for all those who pick up beagles and call the owners!!

My wife was so tickled to get ole Lucy back! I said, "wonder how we can keep this from happening again?" She said, now get this "how about we get another one of those collars?"

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

Hey NC, You are a geeeenius! But what are you going to do when those folks who "found" Lucy show up at your family reunion?