You spent how much?? On dog collars??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

NC Beagler

You spent how much?? On dog collars??

Post by NC Beagler »

Just bought a 2 dog Tri-tronics system today to help break a couple deer runners. Called my wife to tell her and I think I may have sent her into shock! :shock: Now my wife is terrific and very supportive of my hunting, but I may be in the dog house on this one. I'm planning on taking her out to eat tonight and knocking a few things off the honey do list this weekend....any other suggestions for smoothing things over? Surely some of beaglers have been in this situation before!! :lol:

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

lots of flowers prefferably roses. next time remember: what she doesnt know doesnt hurt YOU! :blackeye:

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

NC, been there, done that. I used the ol' "never have to whup 'em again" argument (which is true, after all. We all know that e-collars are much more humane than a whipping). Appeal to her sense of decency with those big ol' brown eyed hound dawgs. THEN take her to the best Italian restaurant in town. Worked for me. Hmmm, worked for me AFTER the restaurant AND a tennis bracelet! Oh well, looks like yon yown (you're on your own!) After all, some things a man just has to do by himself. Paying the fiddler is just one of 'em! By the way, I got the 3-dog unit! Doesn't get you in the dog house any deeper, what's a hundred bucks here or there to the wrath of a woman? When I find that T/C Contender, THAT'S when ol' Ramey will be sleeping in the kennel!

shotgunshorty

Post by shotgunshorty »

nc, foot rubs and bubble baths work wonders. Also if you promise to clean up after yourself for a week will work. lol.

bowhunter59

wife

Post by bowhunter59 »

know the feeling all to well my wife been giving me heck !u bought what for how much!!!!!!and another dog!!!!!!i sold 3 the other day very good dogs and got 90%of my investment back and had 2 dogs left handed her 20 dollars today to pay for the pizza i told her say thx to the dogs lol she said now ur gonna rub it in !show her the money it works wonders!got to spend it to make it!
god is so good!

Bopeye

Post by Bopeye »

The only advice I can give you is: Don't ever tell them how much you spend on your toys. ;)

It works for me.

If my wife knew half of what I spent on my little "hobbies", I'd be dead where I stand.

I didn't say lie to her either. I just said not to tell. :P
Coyote problems? Can't fix it with western tactics. Here ya go. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/
You can find me and other Prostaff here. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/prostaff

snowshoehareguide

youaint seen nothing yet

Post by snowshoehareguide »

man i wish i knew the answer to this one. this is just the beginning . im on my third new set of shocking collars in twenty years "dont you already have some? " have trashed a half dozen tracking boxes , " i thought you had one of those" . all i can do is warn you guys be carefull , tread lightly. they can turn any minute, you cant fool them and they remember forever. pete

Colleen

Post by Colleen »

Geeze Guys, do I feel like I got the short end of the stick!! All ya had to do was what my husband did to me..........Ask you wife to run the dogs a few times, and let her stand out in the freezing cold hollerin for 'em, gettin wind burned till after dark!! It only took a couple of times of that happening, and I was the one suggesting the collars!! I think I may have to show him these posts and tell him he owes me!!! Thanks!

Indiana Brian

Dog Collars

Post by Indiana Brian »

:shock: Weeelllll, when it comes to the "women", I'm usually the last guy
to give advice, but I'll tell you what I did. My wife LOVES the beagle for
the pet part of the deal, and when I realized she was running deer (after a
two mile trek to get her back) I came home and told her that "if she ever
gets on a hot trail, she'll be gone...I don't think I could catch her. Course,
one of those fancy collars would INSURE that she would find her way back
to me." I had one within the week. SIDE NOTE: IT DOES NOT HELP YOUR SITUATION ONE BIT IF YOU GIVE YOUR WIFE A FULLY CHARGED COLLAR TURNED ON AND WAIT TILL SHE HITS BOTH ELECTRODES AND THEN HIT THE BUTTON. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. :twisted:

Beagle Bum

Post by Beagle Bum »

NC,
One more post with a little different twist. This won't help you this time but maybe next time it will.
I started telling my wife that I needed collars long about March or April. I even showed her what I wanted her to "think" I wanted (3 collar jobbie with all the bells and whistles, costing an arm and a leg). I then started working on her for my birthday (Oct) and Christmas (one gift gets it all?). Finally, somewhere about August or September I showed her what I really wanted (2 collar with a FEW bells and whistles and a lot less costly) and told her that I'd settle for those and I'd still let them count as my birthday and Christmas gift - if she wanted. But I also told her that I'd need them before my birthday so I could start using them when I started running the hounds.
Well, she bought it - I got what I wanted, she thought she SAVED a couple hundred dollars and everyone was happy! :D
p.s. She even went out and got me some nice Christmas presents too - guess she figured that if I was willing to foresake what I "really" wanted in order to save her a couple of bucks, she could get me something extra for Christmas.
Everyone was happy that year and we all thought we won!!!
Let's Count Our Blessings, Not Our Problems!!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Beagle Bum, not to bust your bubble, but that's an old dress trick us women have been using for years, lol!

"Honey, how do you like my new dress? I got it on sale for $325.00." (He starts to get light-headed) "No, no, dear - I'm teasing, it was only $100.00 so I bought the shoes and purse to match. - Got the whole mess for $175.00".

biscuit

Post by biscuit »

Here is what I work on! IT'S EASYER TO GET FORGIVENESS THAN IT IS TO GET PERMISSION. :cool:
Gal 2:20
Let Jesus Live

Chuck Terry

Post by Chuck Terry »

Colleen: You are the BEST ! - I take back all of the bad things I said about "Yankee Women" - LOL! Ross you did the right thing! My last Branko Beagle cost me a "Mother's Ring" to boot because the guy I was splitting the air freight with left a message on our answering machine. I am sure he meant no harm but I was tempted to call his house and leave a message that would require him to do some explaining! My carelessness with the receipt for my last dogbox cost me an "Anniversary ring". It never hurts to keep things "under your hat" if possible. Of course, you have to bite your lip when you occasionallly discover how much she spent! Seriously, AREN'T WE ALL TRULY BLESSED!

Beagle Bum

Post by Beagle Bum »

Blessed we are, my friend!
Blessed for having such wonderful and understanding wives in our lives.
Blessed for the friends that we have.
Blessed for the wonderful hounds we keep (manybe not everyone's cup of tea, but they are OUR hounds not some else's cup of tea).
Blessed for the country we live in.
Blessed for the current administration we have in the White House.
Blessed by God, we are!!!
Let's Count Our Blessings, Not Our Problems!!

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

Last year I had to beg for $750 smackers to layout for a 3-dog set of Tri-Tronics Trashbreaker Ultra II's. Then this year I begged again for $500 more big ones for for another 3-dog set of Tri-Tronics Classic 70's. Now you can imagine the problems I had explaining why I needed a second set of 3-dog collars when I already had a perfectly good set of 3-dog's! "SIX OF THOSE THINGS???", I heard!

But my little wifey is a sweetheart and I have $1,250.00 worth of those great Tri-Tronics gadgets!!!
+++
He's coming....are you ready?