good days bad days

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

fathead

good days bad days

Post by fathead »

just got started hunting with dogs this year. so i went out this summer and bought what was supposed to good hunting dog .at times he runs real good other times i take him out he runs them very very slow trouble with back tracking and hitting cold trails. is some of his problem because he is running basicly by himself i did buy pup from same person hoping he would help get the pup started pups doing ok i guess just wondering if i have anything to worry about with main dog running inconsistant

Chuck Terry

Post by Chuck Terry »

It is hard to say - keep taking him as long as you see improvement. I don't want to discourage you but I had a female that did just as you have described yours and I finally gave her away. I took me a long time to make up my mind because she was like the song by Jerry Reed ("When You're Hot You're Hot! .........."). Good Luck!