Crooked Barrels Grant

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Ted Peercy

Crooked Barrels Grant

Post by Ted Peercy »

I hunted two days this week with Alabama John. He tried a different gun each day and swore that the barrel on each gun was crooked. Him being a Cherokee Indian, I know he must be a good shot. So I tend to believe him on the barrel :D :) s. Does anyone know of a good gun that "Crooked Barrels Grant" might purchase? Now, he is going to counter and say that I missed a lot of rabbits too. Any shot that I took that did not find it's mark was simply a warning shot. LOL

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Ted, you started this. Somehow we managed to get I think 16 yesterday and 10 before that. I'm not sure since Bobby went to the truck and took some to lighten his load and when we quit for the day and all returned to the trucks, those had disappeared. Maybe hawks? We are conservative and did not do as the other parties which got 24, 28, and 48 respectively on the same day.

I have always wondered about those bargain Beretta's and Benelli's. I'm beginning to believe they must not be Indian names as I was told by the helpful and semingly informative salesman. I know it is not Cherokee, but some foreign language names. Maybe from across the Ocean?

Beretta cannot mean "long reacher" as I missed several long shots even when I loosed four shots in quick succession to help old "Long reacher".
Benelli must not mean "gatherer of meat" either, as I did not bring as much home for the wife to clean as the rest of you.
I'm trying to think of a Cherokee name that will fit "guns that miss".

Ted, I wondered, and pondered some, when you told me that you were shooting just to call the dogs to put them on a rabbit that you jumped and then I saw the dogs trail the one they were running right to the place you say you jumped one. Could be once, but several times?

I'll have an windage feather on mine next time, wait and see the difference.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

I have such a gun in my cabinet. It is called " Agayasiha " ;)

bowhunter59

thx

Post by bowhunter59 »

hey thx for the bad shot warming there ted i been trying to get hold oh him to go hunting sometime with him but with those curved barrlles man have to be careful lol!
god is so good!

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Bev, I don't get it!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

I found another model number on it - see if you recognize this: u-yo-si ka-na-ti.

bowhunter59

spell

Post by bowhunter59 »

bev ur gonna have to help me with that i must be slow or something but i can figure it out!
god is so good!

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Well Bev, you never cease to amaze me. I tried every way to pronounce what you had written and make it make sense like a personalized license tag and couldn't.

I then got my bride to come help me decipher and she immediately said it could be Cherokee. Now I feel dumb, but never expected that from you. What a blindsided surprise.

The nearest I can get the first phrase (agagvsgina) meaning is "who is that woman" or What is that woman" either would fit you. LOL

The next is easier since I now have my right language mind in gear.
"I am a hungry hunter", or if you add an S to kanati (hunter) to be kanatsi (gobbler or turkey) it becomes more fitting to you as it would be "I am a hungry Turkey"!!! LOL

Who could possibly be helping you with this? Did you learn some Tsalagi while in Tennessee?

Ted Peercy

Post by Ted Peercy »

uoy elpoep era oot hcum. Lla I tnaw ot od si dnif nhoj a nug.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Ted, he who hunts with a crooked barrel is a hungry hunter! I have such a gun in my cabinet, so I was merely acknowledging poor John's dilemma, lol!

John, call me a-se-gi `ge ya. (Actually I had a Tsalagi enisi.) :cool:

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Ted, now you are about as goofy as Bev. I can't figure yours out either. What is it Russian? Help me out Bowhunter59.

You are right on the last post Bev, but you are nice at times. LOL.

See to what lengths friends will go to help you out when you are being kidded for missing!

What a way to redirect and change the subject.

That is what friends are for.
Last edited by Alabama John on Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

bowhunter59

MAN

Post by bowhunter59 »

DANG ALABAMA I CANT FIGURE IT OUT AT ALL THEY GOT ME ON THAT STUFF THERE ALAWAYS GLAD TO HELP FELLOW HUNTERS BUT I AM NO HELP HERE CMON TED WHAT U SAYING THERE !!!ALSO WHAT TIME TED DO I NEED TO BE UP THERE SAT!
god is so good!

bowhunter59

f

Post by bowhunter59 »

forgot to mention i got some indian in me my grand ma on my dads side was full blooded i was told seminole! and got somr creek indian somewhere for get where they said!
god is so good!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Ted's post was easy enough:

"You people are too much. All I wanted to do was find John a gun."

I can read and write backwards fluently. I can almost write (cursive) backwards as quickly as I can forwards. You can then take it and hold it up to a mirror and read it. I know, I know, peculiar - just something I've done since I was an "ayuli". (young child).

John, you owe me one. How do you say EMPTY STEWPOT in Tsalagi? :twisted:

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

yyzarc hhcnub ffo sstun! Llla ssiht ggip nnital ggnitirw. Hey John I got one of thos crooked barrel guns but my isn.t always consistent some days it shoots straght other days it is crooked, The Boys from Lenoir City Tn. have a bunch of those crooked barrel guns, LOL.