10 month male may need help?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BuschBound

10 month male may need help?

Post by BuschBound »

I have a 10 month old male that has been running his own rabbit for about a month now and seems to have alot of desire, hunt and has a tremendous nose. the only problem I have seen is during solo time he tends to lift his head, while he goes into his bawl voice. While he does this he always wants to turn around. He will not go back on the track but this seems to get him turned around enough to make it harder for him to continue. While in a pack he has shown good foot and great checking ability. my question is: should I continue to solo him and hope he works this issue out, or pack him a little more so he doesn't have the time to turn out between barks? I have never had a hound do this for me before so any comments would be appreiciated. thanks Dave

trooper

none

Post by trooper »

hey its trooper here i haven't talked to u in while but my dog does the same thing as yours i would run him a pack