Steel shot .410 shells?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Steel shot .410 shells?

Post by guest »

Does anyone know where to order .410 steel shot shells? No stores in Tulsa have them, and I can't load them, my gunsmith say's you can't buy .410 SS waddings. Help! the swamp rabbits are waiting.

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

try Herters. they are a duck hunting supply catalog and sell a lot of shells. maybe they can help. http://www.herters.com i think is their site. if not just do a web search.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Federal makes steel shot in all guages, but 410 may be hard to come by.
Mac's Prairie Wings, in Ark will have it in stock, but you need a class c explosive licence for it to be shipped to you. You might try tunsen (not sure if spelled right) shot instead, a little bit more expensive, but a lot better shot for such a small guage.

Scott

Post by Scott »

Thanks guys for the information. There is some good river bottom federal land here, but the state has stipulated steel shot only. I guess I'll just have to give up my little double barrel and move to a "grown-ups" gun.