How long is your rabbit season?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

PAPPY

How long is your rabbit season?

Post by PAPPY »

Where are you from and how long can you run rabbits in your area.Here in Texas there is no closed season on rabbit hunting,so we can hunt with hounds on rabbits the year around.
For those with closed seasons,what do you do with the hounds during your closed seasons?
Would any of you be interested in having your hounds hunted during your off seasons? I do not have Beagles at this time but can hunt every day and thought I might take a few Beagles to keep tuned up.I would hunt a Beagle for a limited time for a puppy old enough to start.
PAPPY'S PLACE Where Friends are Cherished & Hunting is a Pleasure
CHUCKWAGON KENNELS
Pete Miles

jackrabbit

end date for rabbit season

Post by jackrabbit »

here in indiana the rabbit season closes on jan. 31st. of the 15 states just north and south of us and both east and west only three close in on jan.31. that being indiana, illinois, and virginia. like texas, kansas rabbit season is year round. michigan closes at the end of april, and the rest close from the middle of feb to feb. 28th. just a few of the things ive learned looking at the extending indiana rabbit season idea.

jackrabbit

P.S. check out the post on legislative forum about the new Indiana Beagler's Alliance organization. check us out. and leave us some imput.

BlueJack

Post by BlueJack »

Here in Tennessee the season run from the second Saturday in November(the 9th this year) to Feb. 28. The daily limit is 5 rabbits per person. You can run/train year round day or night though.In the off season I run 'em when I can (at least once a week, more if I can) and if its very hot they get it either early in the morning ar late in the evening and sometimes at night...when I'm not coonhunting.
Jeff Driver

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

Mid Nov. till the end of Febuary here in Georgia including Sundays. We have a 12 rabbit limit per person per day and can train our dogs year round day and night. Running is just as enjoyable if not more than the hunting.

BobC

Rabbit Season

Post by BobC »

I'm in Kentucky and the season runs from November 1st to January 31st. There is no small game hunting allowed on the first two days of rifle season for deer as well.
Born to Hunt Forced to Work

Taitor

Season

Post by Taitor »

Here in Ohio we can shoot them at the begining of November till the end of February. The rest of the year is just practice time. Nothing against Texas but I'll keep my dogs here.

steve w.

Post by steve w. »

Michigan's season is Sept 15th thru March 31st. Not the end of April as stated above. Our running is restricted from April 15th thru July 15th. I run mine anyways,they drive me nuts if I don't. They have caught young ones but actually have caught more adults.