SNOW

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

m_skin

SNOW

Post by m_skin »

just was wondering how much lake effect snow that areas got around the great lakes.i live just east of lake ontario and we got 3ft of snow on the tug hill plateau.with more in the forecast.rabbit hunting has come to a stand still until we get a thaw to settle all this snow. :(

Hare Hunter

Post by Hare Hunter »

Here in the U.P. of Michigan on the Eastern end we got from 18 inches to 36 inches depending on which big lake you are closer to. We got about 20 inches here in Newberry Michigan about half way between Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.
Earl Holbrook

m_skin

Post by m_skin »

were up to 50 inches with another 8 inches predicted today.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

m_skin, at this rate, you're gonna have to train your hounds on moles in the summertime to keep them in practice for rabbit season! :(

BuschBound

SNOW

Post by BuschBound »

Here in the Western part of the U.P. of Michigan we got lucky and only got about 6 inches. It has been real cold compared to the rest of the winter. Would like to see another 6 inches or so before our snow trial in Feb.

New York Hillbilly

snow

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Bev,
You would have to see it here to believe it. If I can figure out how to put pics on the web I'll freak you out for sure. The other day A guy was on his porch roof shoveling the snow off and was throwing it UP onto the snow piles!! UUURRR!!!!! I had eniugh already!
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

NYH, send the photos to editor@americanbeagler.net and I'll put them on the photo album pages. :cool:

m_skin

Post by m_skin »

i shoveled my house roof off sunday.had 4ft of snow on it.

snowshoehareguide

snow

Post by snowshoehareguide »

we dont get a lot of snow like lake effect snow but can go along time without a thaw. i keep one or two big dogs , crossbreeds, if you have 50 inches of fluffy snow would take a bigger dog than i want to keep for rabbits , 2 feet of fluffy snow is about ideal for a 20 inch dog . ran in maine once 8 feet of fluffy snow saw a big moose floundering in snow. dog was able to run but pretty slow. i was sinking 2 feet with snowshoes on. ever step on a little softwood tree just sticking out of deep snow. ? pete

kjohns

Post by kjohns »

I live in the snow belt of northeast ohio. Compared to what could have been, we've been spared for the most part this year. Until today. I'm at work and it appears we have gotten about a foot so far today and its still coming. At my house we had about 6-8 inches on the ground already, so I'm sure we at least doubled that today. I'll see when I get home.