Biggest Litter Size?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ron simmons

Post by ron simmons »

HAD A LITTER THIS PAST SUMMER OUT OF AWFULBAWLIN LET ER RIP AND A BADGER FEMALE SHE HAD 10 AND RAISED 8

fastnfuriouskennel

Post by fastnfuriouskennel »

About five years ago, I bred a female to a buddies trapper male. It was the first time he had been bred, but not her. She had 15 and raised only a few. I pray it never happens again, Hard on any dog. In the last week, her belly was touching the bottom of the welping pen, when she stood up.
If your hounds aren't Fast-n-Furious! They might as well be barking up a Tree!

grim

Post by grim »

We had a litter of 12 but we didnt know she was going to have that many and welping boxs ws to small so she crushed a couple.
JOEY AND DIANA SALYERS
SUB ZERO BLACK AND BLUE
SOUTH FORK BLUE LUCY
BRIARSWAMP'S RUNNIN TALLY
BRIARSWAMPS HEMI'S BLITZ
BRIARSWAMPS KABLOOEY
BRIARSWAMPS JACKPOT

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

i bred dozer to my female out of elks creek gentle george,she had ten and raised them all.
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

pete young

Post by pete young »

We had a female a few years back that had 14. She raised 7 of them. Our Pacesetter female, Misty Maggie had 12 last year, but only raised 4. It took her approx. 20 hrs to deliver them. It was very hard on her. It took her a couple of days to really start showing any energy. She is a good mother, but just didn't have the stregnth to handle them after that kind of delivery. I always hope for about 6 or 7. That seems to be the magic number for most of the females to be able to handle without too many problems.
Stoney Run Kennels.
Hunt'em if you got'em!

Michael Maynard

Post by Michael Maynard »

I had a female that had 12, this was her first litter. She raised 10 of them. All turned out healthy and are almost two years old. She had to eat all the time, and drank gallons of water a day. It was really hard on her.

db215

Post by db215 »

I had a 9 month old female one time that gave birth to 9 puppy and all 9 survived. My stud dog broke a couple of tie wires on the chain link kennel next door and got to her in her first heat cycle, I just about died when I went out there and seen her (a pup herself) with nine puppies sucking off her, I thought many times I ought to call the gun hunter that has her in KS. and ask about later litters. She may have had more when she matured! dboman
Let's go run them!!!

Boomerx

Post by Boomerx »

Real Audette from Quebec, Canada (Red Sun Beagles) had a litter not quite two years ago from his FTCH Red Sun La Burger and sired by FTCH Eastcreeks Smooth Talkin Dude that had 17 pups in it. I don't remember how many survived but I think about 8, and he's trialing and placing a couple of them now. This is by far the biggest litter I've known. I once had 12 pups in a litter, but they were taken by C-section and 10 survived. I'm happiest when I get 6-7 and they all live.

denny606

litter size

Post by denny606 »

well that shot my world record :lol: i want to know if most females repeat litter size or does it just vary from litter to litter,this was her first breeding and she iscoming 4 years old this may and i don't kmow if i will breed her any more if she has to go through that again :?: :?:
Denny's House.... Home of HOF Front Porch Champion Fred the Beagle

Big River Beagles S

Post by Big River Beagles S »

My older females has had four litters 10 in each my young female out of her has had 2 litters 7 in both and my other female has had 2 litters both were 11 puppies strong. So I would say the females ussually run consistant I know age has alot to do with it when your talking older females.