Yankees chance to laugh at Southerners

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Alabama John

Yankees chance to laugh at Southerners

Post by Alabama John »

NEWS FLASH tonight on the 10 o'clock news!

It may snow tomorrow here in Alabama and a decision will be made at 4am tomorrow morning if all the schools will be closed. Stay off all roads that have bridges, and that will just about be everyone of them. All non essential workers are asked to stay home so there will be less BUMPER CARS on the roads including the Interstates.

Set your alarms for the decision.

We made sure we have plenty of cream and sugar for Snow Ice cream so we're ready.

Go ahead and laugh at us.

Dogdreamer

snow

Post by Dogdreamer »

:D Just wondering 'Bama, is that 1" or 2" your getting. LOL
Johnny B

Old Meg she was a gypsy;
And liv'd upon the moors:
Her bed it was the brown heath turf,
And her house was out of doors.
--Keats

Emery

Post by Emery »

I had to laugh at this. Being an ex-sailor, Virginia has about the same way with dealing with snow. I grew up in northern Wisconsin, and no I am not talking about Green Bay, I mean NORTHERN Wisconsin. Our school superintendent had a 4X4 and if he got to school, then we had school. There were a lot of times that we were the only school district in the county that had school.

Anyway, I will soon enough become a "damned yankee" and be moving to southeastern MO. So I guess that I will have to listen to the same kind of news reports... :)

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

Who did you sail for?

Post by Guest »

Hey Emery,
I used to sail for Inland steel in the late 70's early 80's woeked in the engine room.Who did you sail for I'm assuming you worked bulk cargo(iron ore,stone)?
harvhounds

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

NO SNOW< going to work. It was supposed to be about an inch, but it would make the roads slick and they would have been covered enough to see your tire tracks. Maybe later.

bowhunter59

u

Post by bowhunter59 »

u will have some this eve maybe john good luck on that rough inch lol!
god is so good!

Bsbowhunter

Snow

Post by Bsbowhunter »

Just and FYI: One of you mentioned Viginia and how panic'd we get when the snow comes. Usually an inch or two causes total chaos around here. Well the latest forcast is calling for 6" to 10" tonight. The grocery stores are whiped out and you'd think the end of the world is coming. .....and of course, the media is spending hours on all the advisories.

Post by Guest »

While we are giving you are snow can you take the cold too?Geeez you folks will be stuck for a month! :roll:
Mi yankee

Emery

Post by Emery »

I sailed with the U.S. Navy for almost 10 years. I was stationed in Norfolk twice, Italy for 2 years, Iceland for 20 months and finished up in NJ. NJ is where I met my then future wife and promptly got out as soon as I could. That was in '95. :)

Emery

P.S. We are only wishing for snow here in south-western Idaho. It has been in the 40's-50's for the last week or so. :(
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

wvrabbithunter

Post by wvrabbithunter »

john if it snows their you have the edge just put old speedy on them swampers,he knows how to hunt on the wite stuff good luck,p.s.how is that dog doing???????????

BuschBound

snow

Post by BuschBound »

glad to see the southerners get the snow we normally get hammered by the stuff...this year we only have about 8 inches on the ground...i live in the U.P. of michigan, Ironwood normally get blasted! Not this year. :lol: Its about time someone else gets it...Have fun and drive safe...

Joe West

Post by Joe West »

John:
We've had snow every single day since before Christmas. Got over 70 inches now. Temps. below zero now. For a while with the deep powder snow measured in feet we could not run because neither the hounds nor the rabbits could stay up on it. Now that it has froozen and packed we can run. How about you send some of your politicians up here so we can have the rest of the winter off from work?

bowhunter59

i

Post by bowhunter59 »

i just canty help but think anybody would chose to live there got a screw loose somewhere !!!!sry
god is so good!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

It's a trade-off, Bowhunter59, for not having all those d**n snakes to run among in the summertime. :shock:

Bob Graves

Post by Bob Graves »

I just returned from a work party at the Mohawk Beagle Club In West Leyden NY (Tug Hill Plateau). There are places along the fence where there is only about a foot of fence showing at the top, and that's a eight foot fence. Our temps were at -13 this morning at 8:00AM when we started, and we were down to -25 during the night last night. One week ago there was 4 foot of fresh powder up at the club that a field mouse would sink in, it has settled enough to walk on (with snowshoes of course) and a few members had dogs down while we worked, and they were running pretty decent too.

I didn't see any snakes, but there were plenty of loose screws around... lol.....
Last edited by Bob Graves on Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.