How many bluetick breeders are there in PA? NY?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

huntinfool

How many bluetick breeders are there in PA? NY?

Post by huntinfool »

I just got a bluetick from Ohio, and a guy from Connecticut drove all the way out there for a littermate. I'm curious as to if anybody in PA is breeding and selling good bluetick puppies? I surely don't know of anybody in the Northern part of the state. Are there even any in NY?

run'em ragged

Post by run'em ragged »

Dennis Cooke is in Nova Scotia, Canada. He has sent hounds to Maine before don't know if that helps any. His web site is http://www.rockyridgebeagles.com if you wanted to check it out.
Ragged
Get 'em up

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

There is a man whose screen name on this site is cover2 or it might be in caps. But he was supposed to get pups and he is going to breed them. You could talk to him sometime because he is also looking for more blueticks anywhere he can get them.

GENO

same

Post by GENO »

In two years I sould have some nice blueticks on the ground if all things go right.Thanks Cover2 kennels

huntinfool

Post by huntinfool »

I'm planning on having a pair, so I could breed, but would also like to find someone else that isn't 200 miles away, that way there was some other blood also. Driving to Ohio all the time would be a pain, it's 4 hours just to the border.

timberdoodle

Post by timberdoodle »

richard Smoker is somewhere around the reading area. Known for blue ticks he is/was active in ARHA trialing. best of luck!

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Got a couple myself. If you want to know how my hounds run ask frankie on Chris's board. He went out the other day with me and can give you the low down.
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

huntinfool

Post by huntinfool »

New York Hillbilly,
Where are you in NY?

frankie14001

Post by frankie14001 »

i can answer that for you nyh from Sangerfield ny if you look and see where rt 12 and 20 intersec that it.he has some great hounds i think the one bluetic he has her name is chicadee i seen rabbits all day long when i ran with him his dogs just dont quit :cool:

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

i have a litter now. you can see my ad on the trading post.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

jeffn

Post by jeffn »

Not only did I pick up the litter mate I even dropped his new pup off to him . Great looking pup Good luck with him.

huntinfool

Post by huntinfool »

Yes, thanks again Jeff. I certainly do appreciate it.

Catfish

Post by Catfish »

I live in south western Pa. I have a litter of pups. The mother name is Skyview Blue Bell her parents are.

GRCH, HOF GR CH SPICER'S BLUE BACK (SIRE)

SPICER'S HUNTER (DAM)

I had the pleasure watching one of her pup's at the world hunt name UNO, and this dog is one heck of a power house. he ended up winning that Cast. I'm not sure but I think this dog ended up in the top 15 at this years world hunt. (The man that owns this power house is named Big Dog)

Catfish.