Bluetick beagles

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bub

Bluetick beagles

Post by Bub »

Looking for information on Bluetick Beagles. Comparing hunting ability to Tri Color. Also Bluetick breeders in the Midwest.

Can answer via e-mail or my home ph# 660-327-5845 ask for Bub or leave message.

REBEL

Post by REBEL »

Color does not run the rabbit-Sorry :bash:
REBEL

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

blueticking is just a color of beagle. not a strain or bloodline. some people only breed for bluetics just the same as others like the classic tricolor.

Jamie Rice

Post by Jamie Rice »

Bub... one color doesn't run a rabbit any better than another. Our particular preference for a certian color may manipulate us to believe otherwise, but it just isn't true. I've seen hard hunters in blueticks, black/tans, tris, etcs. as well as nonchalant hunters in the same colors.

Saw on another board where your from Missouri. I don't know of anyone around there that breeds blueticks, however if you're willing to travel then you can find some here in Kentucky. My cousin and myself raises some bluetick hounds. We have a few litters planned for this summer out of bluetick hounds. We'll probably have a few that we're unable to keep, which we'll sale should you be looking for a pup. On the other hand if you're in quest of a bluetick male to breed to then we can satisfy that need as well. If you're interested feel free to email me and I'll see if I can help you out.
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

bobby brewster

blueticks/redticks

Post by bobby brewster »

MILLSAPS FINLEY RIVER BEAGLES AKC,BLACKHEADED BLUETICKS AND ALSO REDTICK PUPPIES.BREEDING BUZZBOMB,JOJO BLUE,BANDIT, AND OTHERS.BRUNER,MO 417-634-4949. THIS AD IS FROM THE RABBIT HUNTER. HE HAS A REDTICK CALLED LILLY CREEK REBEL I HAVE A HALF BROTHER TO HIM HE IS A RABBIT CHAMPION IN LITTLE PACK,I ALSO HAVE OTHER DOGS WITH SAME BLOODLINE AND CROSS IN REDTICKS I BREED THEM TO BLUETICKS . MY NAME IS BOBBY BREWSTER JR. PHONE # (615)374-9145 I LIVE IN TENN. HOPE THIS POST HELPS YOU OUT.

bobby brewster

BLUETICKS

Post by bobby brewster »

THIS IS FROM THE RABBIT HUNTER KENNEL LIST BAUM'S BLUETICK BEAGLES FRED BAUM RT.2 BOX 82 E AURORA, MO 65605 (417)678-2467 HOPE THIS HELP OUT TO.

Richard

Post by Richard »

:biggrin: I own a little bluetick 8 months old. I am VERY proud of her, she is making an outstanding little rabbit dog! :D

REBEL

Post by REBEL »

:D I breed bluetick and redtick beagles and i want to caution you about bloodlines if you want to get into beagle color and looking for a beagle colored up like a bluetick coon hound,like i raise.Here i have lemons and tri colors and some that have a few tick makings that are all from other bloodlines and these other bloodlines that are good enough to call my kennel home are good rabbit dogs-enough for color.Bloodlines are what i think you should be considering first and once you find the type hound you want to feed and run stick with that same family of beagles.You will find many beagles that others call redtick and bluetick and most only have a little ticking on them but few have the head markings and lots of ticking-like a coon hound,mine does.Now bloodlines,most bluetick and redtick beagles come from slow to med speed family of hounds and not run to catch hounds,mine are run to catch and started years ago as bluecap beagles,but over time is my line now due to selective breeding to suit my desires and needs and i made sure i did not breed any walky talky or slow bloodlines into my breeding program,some mentioned here are of that caliber and if you want to e-mail me(animalzone@yahoo.com) i will help you to understand the difference in the bluetick and redtick beagles and what bloodlines they are breed from.You tell me in an e-mail what type bluetick or redtick beagle==the type that looks like a minature coon hound==you are in search of and i will tell you what bloodlines should meet your requirements,your needs and where to locate it. :crossfingers: :D
REBEL

Jamie Rice

Post by Jamie Rice »

Dogs that run ARHA Little Pack or AKC Small Pack Option in the Midwest Beagle Gundog Association are far from being medium speed, much less walky talky. As for Baum's Blueticks, I don't know of that line of hounds therefore I can't speak on them.

As for what some people call bluetick not being true bluetick. I didn't know there was a classification system. Well the ones of ours that I call bluetick are bluetick in my eyes and AKC's as well. I could care less if they look like English coonhounds or Gascon blueticks. I think most people has the common sense to know a bluetick from a beagle that just has ticks on it. Seems like everyone has something to say about other peoples dogs just in order to make their's look better. Next thing you know people will be saying black and tans aren't black and tans unless they look like Conager Black and Tan's. Oh well to each their own I suppose. Good luck in your quest to find what you're looking for Bub, once again if I can be of any help just email me.
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

wvrabbithunter

Post by wvrabbithunter »

everyone that has these bluetic beagles i am looking for a true bluetic,must be black headed,and no red tics my number is 304-686-3838 anytime after 4.00pm thanks or leave a megs.here i look everynight

REBEL

Post by REBEL »

Richard Smoker and myself have the black headed blueticks and i am sure there are others.Richard lives in Pa and i am in Al.
REBEL