Union Member Beaglers

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TomMN

Post by TomMN »

I belonged to the Teamsters union for 8 years. They worked hard to keep skilled labor pay (me) the same as non-skilled labor pay. I left there and now make more than double the pay and have 100 times more put away for retirement. I will never work at another union shop.
I saw lots of hard working young people come in to that union shop and after a couple years they gave up and just put in their time like everyone else. They soon learned that hard work would get them no where. Now that union shop is struggling to stay open and everyone has agreed to a pay cut.
Not saying that all unions are that way, just my experience.

Duke

Post by Duke »

A proud member of Cincinnati Fire Fighters Union Local 48. Also the current President. My father also was a Fire Fighter and member of Local 48.

Mooredog, where do you run? Maybe we can drop the tailgates together sometime. Always looking for folks to run with.

MDH68

Post by MDH68 »

Carpenters 525 S.W Michigan

Joined when I was 19. At age of 32 had to have a Dbl lung transplant because of Cystic Fibrosis. The members of my local all pitched in out of there pockets to help with my out pocket expenses. I get disability through our pension plan. I run into our assistant B.A. at trials from time to time. He always tells me he knows that I have a strong support system in my family but if Iever need anything to let him know and the brotherhood will help in any way they can.

Solidarity forever
Mike

Beagleman63

Post by Beagleman63 »

I worked for an automotive supplier plant in Dearborn Michigan for 15 years that belonged to Teamsters Local 299. I won't go into how they robbed our pension plan, or the fact that when we did decide to strike, we were told we really shouldn't since there was no strike fund money left. What really pissed me off was the fact that once the company did decide to close, and the union knew they weren't going to be able to continue robbing us for dues, they threw us to the wolves, and let the company bring in temp workers in direct violation of our contract. I can't speak for all unions, but Teamsters Local 299 isn't worth a darn. Just a bunch of pocket lining criminals! Work ethics meant nothing! THE TEAMSTERS SUCK!!!

billyp

Post by billyp »

UMWofA local a few different locals for 24 years in the coal mines in cape breton ,nova scotia ,now with IAFF local 2779 as a firefighter. now there's two jobs i wouldn't want to do in a non union situation.

Bart Caudill

Post by Bart Caudill »

P.A.C.E. Local 5-512

Proud to be a union member!!

Bart
Caudill's Crankin Kennel
Always breed a proven sire to a proven dam.(proven in the field)
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

merv

Post by merv »

UAW LocaL 400 UTICA MICHIGAN-FORD MOTOR COMPANY. THANK THE GOOD LORD FOR THE UNION. I GUARANTEE MORE OF US WOULD BE ON THE STREETS RIGHT NOW, THE WAY THIS COUNTRY IS BEING RAN, IF NOT FOR UNIONS. I ALSO OWN A SMALL BUSINESS AND I PAY MY EMPLOYEES MORE THAN MOST BUSINESS IN MY TOWN. GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND DONT SHOP AT WAL-MART! MERV-DENNIS WILSON

warddog

Post by warddog »

It never ceases to amaze me by the individuals that make statements like "THE UNION" or "THEY". If in fact those people were true union members they would respond by "OUR UNION" or "MY UNION. A union is a coalition of independant individuals for a common purpose and is no better or no stronger than it's members. The only way a united coalition of indivuals can be overthrown is by dividing and conquering. I also hear people complaining about paying dues but those very ones have little to say when someone is spending numerous hours negotiating their contract for fair wages and benifits, filing grievances, arbitrating grievances and being called at all hours of the day and night when people are in trouble and need represented. It takes money to run an affilation of any thing from beagle trials to union halls.
Last edited by warddog on Wed May 11, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windy hollow

Post by windy hollow »

I work for ABF Arkansas Best Freightways out of Carlisle Pa. and Im under Teamsters Local 776, and know if it werent for the Union, I'd be working for 40 cents a mile and not paid for hooking or dropping trailers or any hold time. With the union its 52cents a mile and around $26.00 per hour, on drops, hooks, and any type of delays. Image

WINDY HOLLOW BEAGLES